TSUKIGI EXHAUST INSTALL

sicheneder4

Registered
Hello everybody! Name is Frank and this is a first time post here for me. I'm a regular at extreme hayabusa and have had a great time there. Seems to be some really great people at these forums.

Now ... a question for all you out there who have put a Tsukigi system on their beloved. I am having clearance problems with the fairing. Have contacted Tsukigi Rep. out in Cali and still having trouble. Is there anyone here who has run into the same problem? If so what did you have to do to work past it. Thanks to anyone who can lend some insite.

000_0397.jpg

My TiForce had a clearance issue just ahead and above the small hole in the right side fairing...

I just took it out and ran it..

It bubbled the plastic where it was in the way and allowed the fairing to move back to where it belongs and now I can trim it.. maybe not the ideal method but worked.. Trying to bend the pipe at that point was not an option because it would knock off other angles

Cutout on fairing is maybe 2" by 5"

My TiForce had a clearance issue just ahead and above the small hole in the right side fairing...

I just took it out and ran it..

It bubbled the plastic where it was in the way and allowed the fairing to move back to where it belongs and now I can trim it..  maybe not the ideal method but worked..  Trying to bend the pipe at that point was not an option because it would knock off other angles

Cutout on fairing is maybe 2" by 5"
Got any Pics? Thing is this pipe is toutching the whole length of the fairing almost.

What have things come to when you buy a very expensive, exotic metal, full exhaust system for a stock motorcycle and it doesn't fit?

Someone here has actually spent $1.2K to $1.6K for a pipe and had to "heat it up and bend it?"

Are you sh*tting me?

Once you've decided to accept less than the best, that is all you will get...

What have things come to when you buy a very expensive, exotic metal, full exhaust system for a stock motorcycle and it doesn't fit?

Someone here has actually spent $1.2K to $1.6K for a pipe and had to "heat it up and bend it?"

Are you sh*tting me?

Once you've decided to accept less than the best, that is all you will get...
LOL .... not quite that expensive but I get the point. Trust me I dont want to bend anything but apperantly the aftermarket exhaust industry isn't an exact science it seems. Especially when you get these motorcycle manufacturers trying to cram everything they need to into a very compact space...you'll have these things.

The problem with the pipes it that in order to get more flow, it takes a bit more pipe, it is physically larger in size and the area was already kind of cramped to start with. At least it was not a sidewinder cut job
smile.gif

DSC_0047.JPG

pretty dirty plastic but you get the idea (I rode it in the rain, about all we have here during the winter when warm enough to even go out)

Got the bike home last night from the shop.  Got up this morning, was supposed to get back to the truck and head out for another couple weeks, but just had to see why the shop couldnt make this work.  So, I hung the right side fairing and enlisted my wife to help hold it tight against all the attatch points.  Those guys at the shop don't know a thing about ADAPT, IMPROVISE AND OVERCOME !  I think a few strategicly places shims and maybe a slite mod at the bottom rear of the fairing will have this thing back together, no sweat.  Plus some heat shielding ofcourse.  Those guys at the shop are stuck inside the box and I think are asphixiating...
By drilling a couple new holes at the back (1/2 inch off of original on both sides) I should be able to pick up the space I need.
These pics I got from BusaDale at EBC. He had the same problem.

P1030030.jpg

I have had 2 Tsukigi Spec 2's on my Busa's, Same clearance problems, You have to adjust the pipes after getting them on, Move them around a little bit at a time to get the proper fit, No matter what you do , You will have to trim the fairing's to make it work, You will also need to put some sort of adhesive heat tape on the backside of you fairings. On my busa I am running it without the belly wing. If you have any more problems try and give Steve @ Smithers Customs a call and he can probably help you more. He installed both of my Exhaust and did a great job, I have had no issues with my fairing's or anything else. His number is 1-913-768-8667, Hope this helps.
thumb_up.gif

Back