Tsukigi Cannon on 2012 Hayabusa

berksenbay

Registered
Hello everyone!
I’ve been doing some research and found a lot of positive information about the tsukigi Cannon and I was just wondering if anyone has heard how it sounds and how loud it is and if it really is a good exhaust system. Do you guys recommend getting the Tsukigi Cannon?

I currently have Yoshi slip ons and they are just way too quite.
20CCCD5C-EB50-48FB-8082-F9DDAE013A7D.jpeg

Yes, get it if you can and if you do, rest assured you will have a sportbike that rivals the loudest Harley you ever heard. If a Brocks shortmeg is an 8.5 on the loud chart, the Cannon is a 10.

Speaking of Brock, there were tests done by a tuner Tsukigi dealer back in about 2008 and the Cannon beat the shortmeg on the dyno.

It is freegin loud. On the 14, it was actually embarassing to me with the decl pops in town. I did a PAIR block and that made it manageable.

Think I mentioned on your other thread (if that was you) that this thing is audible on the bike at 180 mph. I'm sure it would not be drowned out by wind even at 200.

Almost 180 and you can still hear it.

167 here (scroll to 2:00) and I am pretty sure I used the audio from the cam on the side fairing out in the wind.

On the busa, the sound is not quite as loud. I suspect it's the expansion chamber head pipes. It's not much quieter but I notice the dif between the two.
thumb_CANinstall1_1024.jpg

Fit perfect. Amazing how close it fits against the sides of the oil pan. They obviously gave the busa design a lot of thought. No need to reposition the radiator but they did provide a bracket for that. Includes HD heat shields for inside fairings. No damage or melting to fairings caused and I've had it 8 years on the bike. DO replace the oil cooler o-rings as rec by service manual. Minor leak that stopped after a year but I would have rather not deal with the mess in the chin.

A bit heavy but very good quality. 13 lbs, 1.5 oz. Heavier gauge steel and very good welds.
thumb_busCANfl.s.wgt_1024.jpg

If you get an O2 sensor bung, do it after the pipe is installed unless the person welding is very familiar with this bike. If they put it where they think it should go without seeing it on the bike, no way will you get a Wideband O2 sensor in there. I think I can use mine for a narrow band so it will be my AFR gauge bung but for AutoTune, it is useless in that location.

These might give you some idea of the sound. Pretty hard to represent the actual decibles but trust me, it is LOUD.

I am not able to find the page I read this info on but if memory serves, the Cannon made 111 Db and Brocks short meg, A-head, etc, about 108. A couple Db is a very big difference in loudness. The numbers represent exponential increase. If you want loud, this pipe won't disappoint you and it looks great, is unique looking and improves performance, no loss I can feel at low rpm. If you want really loud, you can remove the tube shaped baffle with one screw and according to the tuner I bought from (sadly no longer in business), you can gain a bit more hp with a proper tune.

I sure do miss this guy. Great tuner/racer and great website with personal, professional help any time you asked. I'd love to see this guy back on the scene.

Just ordered the Tsukigi Cannon exhaust can’t wait to hear the sound. Thank you for all the detailed responses. I will upload pictures and videos once I get the exhaust installed.

Yup, make sure you show us. The instructions aren't terrible but I do recall just a bit the usual ambiguities caused by Japanese/English translation.

This should cover you.

https://hayabusa.org/forum/threads/genii-exhaust-removal-and-aftermarket-full-system-install.169350/

The only problem I had was a bent header bolt. Must have been done in factory install. Threads were damaged slightly but easy to fix since it was only the top one or two. Let me know if you run into that. I used a tap and just turned it like one 360° or a bit more. A thread restoring tap would have been a lot safer alternative. Just got the set of metric thread restoring kit from Lang online. Bikes get old and they're bound to need that once in a while.

I too bought a Canon from HPB performance. I like loud, but it was too loud for me. I bought the optional silencer kit and it now sounds great. Still looks as good now as when it was new. Welds are a work of art.
1140.JPG

I love mine, I thought they quit making them. Glad to hear they can still be ordered. Thy will defiantly be on my next Busa.

Okay is it HPC High Performance Cycles or HPB performance cuz neither is coming up for me in a search?

Yeah that is what I'm hoping to hear. I have contacted the Japan Tsukigi...still waiting for response.

Back