TSukigi exhaust for Gen 1?

hmmm i havent seen anything from them? googled....
index check it out

I had one on my 07 was stolen. Loud but beautiful
Posted via Mobile Device

They are a nice looking system. Bit of a pain to install correctly.

Thanks. I emailed them to see if they are still around. I most likely am going to go with the HMF low mount. Not sure how much power difference there is between Brock's Alien Head, Gen 3/4 vs. the HMF. The Tsukigi looks really nice and I'm not sure if that GPW guy is still around but when I did a search he had shown some pics and they looked really good.

hmmm i havent seen anything from them? googled....
index check it out

I emailed Tsukigi and here is the response I got the same day...although they seem very pricey.

Hello Mr.Kevin

Hello. My name is Tadashi. I work for Tsukigi Racing in U.S.
Thank you very much for your interest in our exhaust.

We don't have any distributor right now. We sell direct to customer and delaer.

For your 99 Hayabusa Full exhaust system. we have several choices.
For example, Stainless/Aluminium Round canister for $1303
Stainless/Stainless Oval canister for $1345
Stainless/Stainless Cannon canister for $1461

Please let me know which one you are interest in by product number from our web site.

Best Regards,

Tadashi.

- Show quoted text -
--
Tadashi Matsu****a
from Tsukigi Racing USA
(714)483-7148
index

The one I had fit like crap. You could not even use the belly wing and it was melting the lowers. I sold it quick and bought the Brocks. Never regretted it either:laugh:

The one I had fit like crap. You could not even use the belly wing and it was melting the lowers. I sold it quick and bought the Brocks. Never regretted it either:laugh:

Well that is good to know. Any chance that it wasn't installed properly? I don't want to buy something and install it and have it screw up something else..to me that is not a quality item no matter how nice it is made.

I thoiught you going turbo????
WTF can't make up your mind????

Lol eventually Turbo, but that is down the road after headers and NOS! Do you like these pipes j cheese. I know I asked previously what dual pipe system you recommended, would you recommend the HMF big bird for a single or the Tsukigi, that guy GPW used to talk about the Tsukigi a lot when I did a search.

thats funny to know now...but i bought that setup from you..it fitted perfect and still use the belly wing..jus trimmed the opening to fit..and no melting...and love the sound...so i guess everything works out...and running strong on the buss

thats funny to know now...but i bought that setup from you..it fitted perfect and still use the belly wing..jus trimmed the opening to fit..and no melting...and love the sound...so i guess everything works out...and running strong on the buss

Forums are funny that way, people often contradict themselves by not understanding what their real agendas are and the fact that they are behind a keyboard.

From what I read some people may not have been installing correctly, I certainly don't hope that it would melt anything. But the benefit that I have is that I helped design a top mount turbo system for my Vette and it generates a lot of heat. So there were areas that I simply put reflective heat shielding and 5 years later I have never melted anything, which included a 5 hour drive in 110* one day driving across the valley. So if I see an area that looks a little tight with the header and the fairing I might just put some reflective heat shielding to help mitigate any heat that would cause damage.

I do know that after doing a lot of searches on this board the GPW thought highly of the Tsukigi pipes and he seemed to be involved in a lot of discussions on this board and seems to have done quite a few tests. I wish he was still around to pick his brain.

I am trying to determine if the small air box bod is worth it next?

heres little pic of mine i think its been 2 years since i have had this on..maybe longer HAHAHA no issues

heres little pic of mine i think its been 2 years since i have had this on..maybe longer HAHAHA no issues

I like it! What did you do for a tune? You don't by chance have this bike on Youtube doing a sound clip do you? I went on there yesterday to look for bikes with Tsukigi exhaust sound clips and there were a few and I thought they sounded great...plus not everybody has them.

Glad you liked it, but I was not willing to trim any plastic to get it to fit.

I loved the sound and the look of the 2 into one but was more satisfied with my Brocks.

How is your hand doing??

Glad you liked it, but I was not willing to trim any plastic to get it to fit.

I loved the sound and the look of the 2 into one but was more satisfied with my Brocks.

How is your hand doing??

I do all my own wrenching, on my Vette there are parts of the system that can't be off even an 1/8", so if I have to cut something it will be simply because it does not fit. I will be sure to let everybody know as well. I appreciate your perspective on it.

I am little confused by your response. You say that you liked the design, sound, and look, but that you weren't willing to trim to get it to fit and therefore are more satisfied with the Brocks. Are you more satisfied with the Brocks because you could get it to fit? Did you ever run the bike with the the Tsukigi on and some how get it to fit without trimming, something isn't adding up sorry.

@Dadofthree
That makes sense most people will hype something they are selling/distributor for. I like the fact that he posted pics.

I guess I will get a PC3 and do the small air box mod to go with the exhaust mod, that is going to do it for a bit with mods to this bike.

I just put one on mine. I got the Titanium with Oval. It took a lot of fiddling to get it to fit right. Quality is good. I decided to remove the wing rather than trim it. I also made a little bracket to hold off the lowers about 1/4 inch from the pipes using the front wing mount holes.

I also put heat shield on my plastics. Have had no issues with melting or heat issues.

I love the pipes, the look, the sound and the punch. Have nothing to compare it with so I can't say they are better or worse.

The deal with exhaust is most think it's so simple, they just bolt it on and it doesn't fit... The instructions if you read them tell you to loosely fit all parts front to back and then slowly assemble it starting from the rear when tightening it up....

Back