Trying to decide...

if you do many trackdays or like to play super hooligan rider with your buddies in the twisties, you know, "keep up" and all that, get the R1. otherwise get a busa and learn to ride it in the twisties. it works fine but you just gotta be more of a man than on those sissy liter bikes. tricycles corner way tighter than 15-speeds, but we outgrow those over time. after mastering a busa in the twisties [tire selection, suspension, riding style play key elements] your nads will actually grow in size and your friends will see that and be in awe.

What WWJD said.........!!!! Had to go with a tobin "nad" seat just to be comfortable.
cool.gif

YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTANTION

HE HAS A FJR FOR 2 UP RIDING.

HE PROBABLE DOESN'T CARE IF IS SECOND BIKE IS GOOD AT 2 UP RIDING

HE IS LOOKING FOR A TOY.

I PREFER THE BUSA, BUT SINCE YOU HAVE A FJR, GET A LITER BIKE, IMHO
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the H.Org
beerchug.gif
Get a Busa & call it a day.
biggrin.gif
, JK. Honestly if it's an all around bike that your really interested in, then by all means get the Busa. I started off on a liter bike(CBR 929) to be exact, it was a nice bike in the twisties, nice power, but was uncomfortable as heck. Back would hurt after a short ride, carpotunnel(not sure if that's how you spell it) would take effect. Not really what I wanted. I've sat on a 10R(no disrespect BT) & IMHO felt the same ache's & pains as I had encountered with the 929. But anyways it all boils down to your ultimate decision champ. Keep us posted.

1127 to 1299, your opinion is quite worthwhile. I know deep down 'that the R1 ia the right decision, I just always wanted a Busa. A'Busa'D laid it on the line; "Go with your gut" My gut and heart are having a major battle. Thanks for the great input guys. I'm overwhelmed by the response. "Thanks" is not enough.....
bowdown.gif

I started off on a liter bike(CBR 929) to be exact, it was a nice bike in the twisties, nice power, but was uncomfortable as heck. Back would hurt after a short ride, carpotunnel(not sure if that's how you spell it) would take effect. Not really what I wanted. I've sat on a 10R(no disrespect BT) & IMHO felt the same ache's & pains as I had encountered with the 929.
Four days a week in the gym along with a daily diet of cardio, will cure that problem!

muscle.gif

if your keeping the fjr i'd go with the R1.

fjr for the wife... R1 for when she lets go out and play.

Thanks, Busahaya! This seems like a great forum. pure_ego, I know you're right; but Suzukis have a place with me also. I didn't mention that before my two present Yamahas, I'd ridden several Suzukis ( RM125, 2 GS!000s, GS1100E.....so I'm no stranger to Zooks....great bikes. I will keep you guys posted with pics. This site being so cool may be a deciding factor after all; maybe something to do with Busa guys, their reasons for riding them, common sense......o.k., I'm showing emotions that are maybe not so cool in a manly forum, or maybe it's the martini
drinka.gif
I just had talking. I'll be in touch!

Yeah, I didn't catch that you were keeping the FJ and getting a second bike to play on. Now that I know that... GET THE DANGED R1 MAN!!!
biggrin.gif

GET THE DANGED R1 MAN!!!
biggrin.gif
Wow! Now there's a definite opinion! I want both of them, but the garage and the wife won't accept that decision. The "danged R1" is a beautiful bike. The Busa, well, it's a Busa! I think the weather is not going to allow a trade this weekend, but I'll post my decision as soon as the deadly duo of mother nature and my indecision allows. I really want both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe a car can go.......
rock.gif

heheh....first off, welcome aboard. Secondly, Good luck with your decision.

For myself? The Busa can be a very twistie-worthy bike. Most people don't give it the credit that it's due. In regards to how hard you should push it, I think that would depend on how bad you wanna get hurt. Just keep in mind that the bike is NOT a track bike, so it won't be able to slam over in those turns. Now it can do a very good job for a bike it's size, but with the litre bikes being the track weapins they are, of course they will have the edge. And in regards to speed? Yeah....the litres aren't far behind in that department either, but just remember: those bikes are designed with envelope-pushin performance in mind. These machines are very close to what they are capable of achieving performance wise.

The Busa? Well....let's just say that with some $$$ and riding skill, it would be almost unbeatable...IMHO. And it's also a lot more forgiving in terms of rider mistakes. Try makin some mistakes on those new litres. They're so damn cutting edge performance-wise that you'd be lucky to walk away. The one thing that the Busa has over these bikes is stability. It's very capable of handling what the rider can dish out...but it's also capable of bitin you in the a** when you disrepect her.

Just my HO, FWIW.
smile.gif

hehe.. well personally after I thought about it.. i wouldn't buy the R1 cuz I don't have a spot at all in my heart for a Yami.. not sure why.. just don't like em'.

just say fug it and get a 'prilia, or duc

I started off on a liter bike(CBR 929) to be exact, it was a nice bike in the twisties, nice power, but was uncomfortable as heck. Back would hurt after a short ride, carpotunnel(not sure if that's how you spell it) would take effect. Not really what I wanted. I've sat on a 10R(no disrespect BT) & IMHO felt the same ache's & pains as I had encountered with the 929.
Four days a week in the gym along with a daily diet of cardio, will cure that problem!

muscle.gif
You got that right
laugh.gif

Since you already have one Yamaha why not get a Suzuki.
When you buy a R1 you are getting a good bike but it does not really stand out.  I just got my "Kings of the Road" DVD today (I ordered it from someone on this forum) and there were two races with R1.  First one was Suzuki GSX-R1000 vs Yamaha R1, Suzuki won (twice), and than Kawasaki ZX-10R vs Yamaha R1. Kawasaki won (twice).  Now Busa will smoke them all.
Why not get a bike that stands out by holding a title of fastest production motorcycle in the world seventh year running.

Hope this helps you decide (to get Busa)
smile.gif

brave.gif

<!--EDIT|motorkar
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105634560 -->

Tough choice but in my case I was looking for fastest straight line performance. If you enjoy the twisties go with a liter bike of your choice. If had to choose I would probably get Gixxer 1000, Kawi-1000, R-1, in that order. However don't feel bad when the ol Blk/Pur busa comes wind sheering by ya causing that little liter bike to wobble to the side of the road.
tounge.gif

buy the R1. When you tire of the nervous little thing, sell it, lose money and buy the busa. busa, busa, busa.

Pace,
smile.gif
right back atcha. Pacific, stability is something I've considered, as I was impressed with how stable the FJR is. I think I enjoy nice, fast, alternating left/right sweepers more than anything else, and thanks for your words, the Busa should be right at home there.Good point about the forgiving part, by the way. I know a guy that has an R1, has ridden for years, and went down on it at the track. He said he just bone-headed and grabbed too much front brake in a turn, but I know that rider/bike chemistry goes a long way in whether you get yourself in trouble. Motorkar, not only is the Busa a standout, it's something I've wanted for awhile. I'm 6'0" 230, a fairly physical rider so wrestling a Busa around sounds sort of "right" to me. BA BUSA,
super.gif
smile.gif
. Painless, I love the adrenalin of acceleration as much as the next guy, and as discussed, the Busa should offer me enough capability in the turns to keep that smile on my face. Moondog, your scenario has crossed my mind several times, I think I'll save the money for all the mods I've been reading that you guys make. I'm leaning very hard towards Suzuki. I tend to let fate help me decide things, and the response I've had in this forum far outweighs the R1 forum. I know that doesn't mean the Busa is automatically the better bike for me, but maybe it's a sign. Thanks again, guys

Paul

smile.gif

Back