Trunk opener conversion from key to button?

SS4Luck

Registered
So, the only place on my
Bike that needs a key anymore is the trunk, and I want to get rid of that too. Anyone ever replaced the setup with anything that’ll work that isn’t keyed?

I know car audio shops in the past would add an actuator that would pull on the lock rod to lock and unlock the door. Maybe you could find something like a car trunk release solenoid that you could wire to a push button to release Hump.

I know car audio shops in the past would add an actuator that would pull on the lock rod to lock and unlock the door. Maybe you could find something like a car trunk release solenoid that you could wire to a push button to release Hump.
That’s actually not too bad of an idea I never thought about doing an electrical thing like that. I’ll have to look into it
We have a trunk?
I didn’t know what else t0 call the compartment under the rear cowl

So, the only place on my
Bike that needs a key anymore is the trunk, and I want to get rid of that too. Anyone ever replaced the setup with anything that’ll work that isn’t keyed?

nice detail tuning
and when ever you found (and built) a solution
pleas post here afterwards detailed pics incl. links where to order the needed parts.
that would be super nice and helpfull for all those who want to enable any thief to super easy grab all parts off the "trunk" :lol:

I’m at Disney world for my wife’s 30th birthday and am going to tackle this when I get back. I’m far less concerned about someone seeing me open it and stealing my cowl or whatever I leave in it and more someone noticing my bike doesn’t need a key to start

But really I ride my bike out with my friends to race and then back into the garage. It’s never out of my sight or someone who would know someone looking around my
Bike shouldn’t be there.

I’m at Disney world for my wife’s 30th birthday and am going to tackle this when I get back. I’m far less concerned about someone seeing me open it and stealing my cowl or whatever I leave in it and more someone noticing my bike doesn’t need a key to start

But really I ride my bike out with my friends to race and then back into the garage. It’s never out of my sight or someone who would know someone looking around my
Bike shouldn’t be there.
Sweet - then this is def for you. It's not that hard to setup. Just finding places to mount the solenoid was the challenge.

Back