best source for spare key?

BUSAFETT

Registered
Hi all,

I managed to lose my spare key for my bike (still can't believe it as I never lose keys for anything but........), and need to get a new one made. Can anyone recommend the best place to get one done? The closest bike-oriented shop to me is Powersports East, but I don't know if they make keys or not.

Thanks!

BF

I'd have to second that. I had the first one done as an official Suzuki key. Ordered a blank at the local suzuki dealer. 8 bucks & a week to get, something like that. Took it to a local key shop, and he pulled one off the wall, and whaddya know, a match. He cut the suzuki blank, plus got a backup from him.
beerchug.gif

Get some 550 parachute cord and loop your spare key through it and tie it around your neck.
thumb_up.gif

xxx.jpg

We had two of our Minivan keys done at Walmart, DON'T do this! We got two done, and they sucked 50% of the time!!!
banghead.gif

DON'T GET KEYS FROM WALMART!
crazy.gif

When-ever you get any kind of key made, make sure it works as soon as you can. Don't wait until you need it only to find out it dosen't work! When I get keys cut for cars or bikes, I take that vehicle to where I get the keys made. Try the new keys in ALL the locks/ignitions. I have had keys that would start the car, but not unlock it. A lot of good that does! Also, I have found that the main problem with getting the right key cut is 99% up to the person cutting it. Some people just don't know the right way to cut keys.

Back