lose key, get new key.....................

BUSAFETT

Registered
Let me just start off by saying, since I was 14, I've probably had over 10 cars, and 2 motorcycles. I am now 37, and up until last July, I'd NEVER lost a key.  NE-VER.

Last July, while getting the house and gar-cade ready for my daughter's birthday party, my key and keyring for the Busa vanished..  POOF at my own home, gone without a trace.  Since last July, I've checked the yard, my coats, my pants, upstairs, downstairs, EVERYWHERE- the key simply vanished to another dimension..

Today, while at the shop getting my 2CTs mounted (JOY), I decided to break down and get a new spare key..  12 clams later I have my key.  I ride home, and put the bike away..  again, it's now MARCH, the key has been MIA since JULY 2007.

While putting the bike away, I start poking around for giggles, again looking to see if my key was out there.. Today of all days, I see a shiny metal ring under a bucket, behind the 2 trash cans that I've already moved about 100x, checking for that dam key..  I move the bucket and VOILA.. sitting on the mulch is my key with fossil keyring staring at me.

Of all days for it to surface, why does it wait till 8 months later, AND on the day I just pissed away 12 bucks on another key!!  It's not like I can take it back!!  

This is just ONE example of how the past 37 years of my life have been.  Hope your life is easier!!!

BF

We're still looking for the key to the GF's Buell. Thankfully there was a spare that I sold it with...
laugh.gif

I'm convinced there is a huge, windowless warehouse in each of our towns, and in that warehouse is every key, nut, bolt, safener, screwdriver, etc that we've lost. It somehow goes to this warehouse---NEVER to be found again. I think your key was on it's way--just never made it!
banghead.gif

my durango's keys were missing for about a year 1/2, wife was constantly reminding me of how irresponsible I am when I would grab my replacement set w/o the remote and she would have to wait for me to manually unlock the door... needless to say the keys turned up in her purse that she took with her on our vacation a year 1/2 earlier,and placed in storage afterwards. no apologies... just hahaha... I can't believe I did that.

wife was constantly reminding me of how irresponsible I am when I would grab my replacement set w/o the remote and she would have to wait for me to manually unlock the door...
God forbid she'd have to wait for that..... how EVER could folks have survived without remote unlock???!!!
biggrin.gif

(this sarchasm is coming from a classic car owner, and owner of a daily driver w/o remote locks)

yeah, we got spoiled really quick with the petty stuff... I can't see how I tolerated manual windows on my first few cars,remote entry -no waiting (the complaint was that I'd unlock my side, then hit the button to unlock hers... not a gentleman) dvd-no more rewinding... didn't take long to kill our vcr tape collection, same with the cd's, cruise control,etc...just more stuff to break/go wrong

(this sarchasm is coming from a classic car owner, and owner of a daily driver w/o remote locks)
what kind of classic? I have a 70 ranchero project (on indefinate hold)it's shaved, so it will have to have remote doors. I love the classics, as quite a few do, but I still gotta have my power windows and c.c
ThumbsUp.gif

what kind of classic? I have a 70 ranchero project (on indefinate hold)it's shaved, so it will have to have remote doors.    I love the classics, as quite a few do, but I still gotta have my power windows and c.c
ThumbsUp.gif
'66 Chevelle..

Also putting a '59 Corvette back together (VERY slowly)

Just a tip. I always do this. After each ride, I hook the key to the D-ring of my helmet. That way, when it's time to ride, my key is there when I grab my helmet.

'66 Chevelle..

extremely nice!!
ThumbsUp.gif
my ranchero's been in the family for a little over 30 years, 3 years ago used it as a school (body shop)project, stripped it down, shaved it, found a donor crown vic for the front suspension / motor/tranny... got laid off,dropped out of class, sold the crown vic and put the ranchero in the back yard. gonna try to start back up next year, since my wife graduates in may.

One time we bought a truck from a guy and he only had ONE key to give us because his wife had lost the other one. Later he told us he found the key.. in the CRISPER DRAWER of the REFRIGERATOR!! WTF??

One time we bought a truck from a guy and he only had ONE key to give us because his wife had lost the other one. Later he told us he found the key.. in the CRISPER DRAWER of the REFRIGERATOR!! WTF??
I always keep extra keys in the freezer. Who would look there? OOPS---guess I shouldn't have said that!
deadhorse.gif

'66 Chevelle..

extremely nice!!
ThumbsUp.gif
 my ranchero's been in the family for a little over 30 years, 3 years ago used it as a school (body shop)project, stripped it down, shaved it, found a donor crown vic for the front suspension / motor/tranny... got laid off,dropped out of class, sold the crown vic and put the ranchero in the back yard. gonna try to start back up next year, since my wife graduates in may.
Thanks!

This was a project that I thought might never see the finish line. I ran into alot of speed bumps, and it was my first car doing from the ground up. It came together MUCH better than I anticipated, and not only am I proud of it but I also know now how to MIG weld! Cars are a blast.

BF

SO FETT, how do you like the PP 2 CT's, and how long did you wait ? Did you scrub them in yet ? If you want to ride sometime hit me up.

How's the wife, and amazing daughter of your's doing ?

Back