True Dual Exhaust For Gen 1?

sweet tea man

Registered
I personally love the look of the dual exhaust from the factory and never really been a fan of the single sided exhaust.

Are there any systems out there that are a full system but instead of coming into a single pipe, goes into 2? For a Gen 1. Thanks guys

Devil and HMF both made dual high mount systems at one point. Not sure about HMF but Devil makes nothing for the Gen1 now.

HMF makes a dual as well as Devil as previously mentioned above. Your best best is to check on ebay for used 1’s for sale. I’ve seen quite a few Devils on there back in the day.

There’s a reason why most go single side exhaust.... the Busa is heavy enuff as it is that extra can is a quick way to drop pounds off the bird.

I knew a guy who had a gen1 with full dual HMF high mount exhaust.
Sounded and performed great.
Mufflers were carbon fiber and only weighed a couple pounds, as well as never got too hot to touch.
A new one just sold here last month for $600.

I really liked the twin pipe look , bought the L2 with R77 Carbon slip ons and enjoyed the stealthy riding for awhile . The Brocks dual CT Meg looks trick , I really like it and also the Japanese Yoshimura full titanium dual system with double exit end caps and angular muffler bodies . I'm afraid I got a bit weight obsessed with the L2 , and even though I prefer traditional exhaust shape / length such as Akrapovic (couldn't find full Ti ) and again Japanese Yoshi full ti 4-1 pipe , I went with the stunted length CT Meg 4-1 . For next Busa , am considering a lot of pipes including those two mentioned above .

Lovin that Gen 1 KML , sure is component rich and quality everywhere I look !!! Sounds pretty healthy as well mate . :p Are you going to showcase your beast , cos I reakon others like myself , would be stoked if you did !! I am very intrigued with those rearsets , sort look like excellent quality , similar to Gilles !
Anyway , hope you do a in depth description of her soon . :thumbsup:

Back