Question: Yoshimura R-77 Exhaust For 2009 Hayabusa

FACE

Registered
What are the pro's/con's of installing the dual slip ons vice the 4-2-1 Exhaust System?

You are going to get some mixed responses here everyone has diff tastes on exhaust. A few pros I can tell you that slip ons have over full system are 1 cost,2 no additional work when changing oil, 3 install is a breeze.

now here are my cons 1 they are slip on 2 they are slip on and 3 oh yeah they are slip on.

J/K man here are my cons 1 I do not believe it makes the same power as a full exhaust. 2 the rear of the bike is still cluttered up with those long ass pipes. 3 that stock header is going to get ugly quick after it gets wet.

These are just my views though everyone is different to be honest go with what you want and do not care what everyone else thinks. :thumbsup:

@W--Thx for the insight. Is there a different sound with 2 vs 1? Sounds like performance may be better with the full exhaust conversion. Good to know. I checked out the cost and it's only an $80 difference. I'm liking the stainless.

i'll tell you best thing I did was get the yosh r-77, 4-2-1, really notice a difference, seemed like a new bike. Throttle response seemed to be improved, felt like it had more power, like there wasn't any hesitation when I gave it more throttle. I have since switched to a brocks alien head, r-77 was to quiet for me but now after a 3+ hr ride I wish I still had the r-77. Its great quality and worth every penny, You'll love it.:thumbsup:

Never had the baffle in mine, still brand new. Not that noisey to me.

I love my r77 4-2-1 just loud enough with the low volume sleeve removed. Check HPC for there best price. I found them to extremely helpful.

i'll tell you best thing I did was get the yosh r-77, 4-2-1, really notice a difference, seemed like a new bike. Throttle response seemed to be improved, felt like it had more power, like there wasn't any hesitation when I gave it more throttle. I have since switched to a brocks alien head, r-77 was to quiet for me but now after a 3+ hr ride I wish I still had the r-77. Its great quality and worth every penny, You'll love it.:thumbsup:

+100
More power from increased torque, unbelievably fun to ride, opens it up and lets it breathe, you'll wonder why you rode it around with those chimneys hanging off the back for so long !
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thx IR! Ive read some reviews about removing the baffle. What is that about?

There is a silencer in the end of the can It removes with 1 screw I believe nothing but a power robber IMO as the Dyno shows a loss of power when installed.

Back