truck hauling busa ??

davidl9953

Registered
i am trying to see if anybody has any pics of their busa secured in the back of their truck.... not handlebar straps, something a little different

I had one on a trailer on one in the bed on the way back home from the fall bash. Might wanna ask 99busa if he got pix of it. But both bikes had canyon dancers on and rear straps also.

No pics, but here is what I do. MULLET in the baxley chock up tight to the front of the bed. Wrap cloth around strap hook and attach to rear peg bracket. Run other end of strap to lower front bed hooks. Sinch down. Wolla. It does not move.

canyon dancers are the easiest and safest i think

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Never had a problem with Canyon Dancers.

Webshots.com Links Do Not Work
cheers
ken

This was my setup a few years ago was really nice

95 dodge 2500 diesal auto 2wd got 27mpg 8 ft bed and had a tail gate that converted to a ramp. Bike has yoyodyne Frame sliders that can convert to tie downs

Gettinreadytoleave.jpg

Pimpcondor.jpg

TwoBusasReady.jpg

Last edited:
As big and heavy as the Busa is I'd go with front wheel chock as well as straps :thumbsup:

I am such a loser....Busa159 has the Pitbull rear axle setup in his truck and this is the only pic I got... maybe he has a better one? (no straps at all)

DSC_0011.JPG

I used two straps for piece of mind.
Nothing is mounted to the truck.
All mounts are attached to 3/4 plywood.
I remove it after the trip is over, can be used in any pickup.
Wheel chock in front is mainly there for hauling other bikes the pit bull will not fit.
The plywood is attached with four ratchet tie downs.

IMG_0745.jpg

I used two straps for piece of mind.
Nothing is mounted to the truck.
All mounts are attached to 3/4 plywood.
I remove it after the trip is over, can be used in any pickup.
Wheel chock in front is mainly there for hauling other bikes the pit bull will not fit.
The plywood is attached with four ratchet tie downs.
Yo!, u just gave me an idea :cheerleader::cheerleader:..my trailer and truck dont have anywhere to secure the straps to so this this looks like the way i shud go!..now i know the busa is heavy, nothing slides around right?

Yo!, u just gave me an idea :cheerleader::cheerleader:..my trailer and truck dont have anywhere to secure the straps to so this this looks like the way i shud go!..now i know the busa is heavy, nothing slides around right?

I installed four tie down points on the corners and attach them to the mounts already in the Avalanche using ratchet straps. The Avalanche has a factory rubber bed mat and it helps anything from sliding.
* used it on one trip to the gap with only a front wheel chock and 6 straps on the busa.
* put this together for the last trip and used two straps,....don't need them but there is something all wrong about no straps at all.
* put two straps on the bike so I would look in the rear view mirror a little less. (piece of mind)

the other pics are the pit bull installed in the trailer.
and the plate without the pit bull installed.
when you buy the pit bull, an additional plate is $35.
You have to mount the plate permanent or should say, leave it in or on whatever you are going to haul the bike in. Removing it would require too much work for the money. Just add more mounting plates if you have a trailer. Everything is quick release except the plate.
go to their web site and watch the video.

Look at the first pic, installed hinges so the plywood folds over after the busa is removed. It is not the best set up, not very pretty, but it is simple and it works without any holes drilled in my Avalanche. It also can slide in another pick up or Avalanche if needed. Almost any pickup or flatbed trailer can be ready to haul most bikes in a couple minutes.

DSC00252.jpg

IMG_0066WEB.JPG

IMG_0065WEB.JPG

Last edited:
Back