tiedown help for truck

motochris

The artist formerly known as Chris75181
Registered
I will be loading the BUSA into the back of my truck. Was trying to get some input on tiring the front down..I do not have chocks fir front and I do not have time to get one (trucking out to eureka springs in early am) my tiedown brackets are in the botton corners of the bed . I am wondering if there are any suggestions on tie down points in front..try to avoid going high (over plastics) I am trying to avoid rubbing against fairings...if you have pics that would really help. Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

You will need to put something infront of the tire, or you'll break the front fender.

Tie down to the lower tripple.

101_2690.JPG

+1 on the fender, I've always tied to the bars, but the lower tree seems much better.

Droid via Tapatalk

I am gonna remove fender before loading...that's the idea anyway :-)....?
Posted via Mobile Device

i've used canyon dancer and harbor freight chock for years and years-Never had one problem----

i've used canyon dancer and harbor freight chock for years and years-Never had one problem----

Canyon dancers??? My wife is in harbor freight as we speak...I can't leave work...looking at chocks...I guess I have to drill into bed of truck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Canyon dancers??? My wife is in harbor freight as we speak...I can't leave work...looking at chocks...I guess I have to drill into bed of truck?
Posted via Mobile Device

Or you could secure to a large piece of 1" plywood that the bike is also on, but drilling into the bed is best.

+1 on the fender, I've always tied to the bars, but the lower tree seems much better.

Droid via Tapatalk
I have always tied to bars as well...usually on a trailer...very tight in bed of truck...I think lower triples should work...thanks frog
Posted via Mobile Device

Something to consider. No time to order...leaving in morning. Thanks for information.
Posted via Mobile Device

Most dealerships or motorcycle places carry them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey Chris,

I have a canyon dancer if you need to borrow one. I'll be away from the keyboard for about half an hour but let me know if you want to borrow them.

Hey Chris,

I have a canyon dancer if you need to borrow one. I'll be away from the keyboard for about half an hour but let me know if you want to borrow them.

Thanks for the offer Dan. I am here in frisco til 930. Will try to get at ya later. Thanks.
Posted via Mobile Device

When I haul the bike in my truck, I just put the chock in the bed, put the bike in the chock, and tie it down from the rear pegs forward with 4 straps. Never had an issue and i dont tie down the front.

Back