Troy Cook #311 fun track action

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
[vimeo]23428750[/vimeo]

This is a 10 minute video of my son Troy on my street bike at a 2-fast.org track day in the Intermediate Group. Troy also works as an instructor for 2-fast. The lap times are 10 seconds off his race pace but still fun to watch as he passes everyone in that group.

The crash scene at the end is from 2004 when Troy was racing a Honda 600 F4I. The crash occurred during a practice session during a WMRRA race weekend. With a little duc-tape (Actually, a lot of duc-tape) the bike was ready for the next race. Troy has had #805, #442 & currently #311 which he took last year when it became available from a very dear friend who retired from racing in order to keep #311 in the family.

I tossed in a few shots of Mark DeGross #35 who owns and operates the 2-fast.org track day & school organization. Great guy, exceptional rider, good racer and puts on the best track day events in the Northwest! If you are ever in the NW stop in and visit or attend a track day/school. Great Experience.

I hope you enjoy watching the flick as much as I did making it! :beerchug:

Very cool video. It is just me or is there a lot of stuff to kill yourself on around that track! That doesn't look much more off-friendly than some of the roads I ride.

That was Troy's shoulder with the screws in the colar bone from a crash in 2005.

I agree that track looks spooky from a video standpoint but in reality it's pretty safe. Only one death in the track's history back in the 90's when a rider fell on the exit of a corner and was hit by another bike when he got up. Turn 8 is the only place I don't like the idea of crashing in expecially if there is no airfence.

Very nice video, Steven! The short little section where you can hear the engine rpm definitely influences a persons perspective on what's taking place! Very cool and thanks! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

I'm glad you enjoyed the video Jay. The kid is a dang good rider. His best lap time on his race bike is a full 2 seconds off the track record. Not bad for a kid that weighs in at 180 pounds without leathers.

Back