Father & Son having fun!

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
I was just going through some of my hundreds of photos saved to my hard drive and thought I'd share a couple of precious moments I have had with my son "Troy".

TroyCrew.jpg

Picture of Troy (Second guy from the left in Blue/White leathers and a fuzzy face) and a group of his race buddies. And then there is Amber, the homely little chick that tends to humble many of her fellow men folk racers on the track. She is not only strikingly beautiful with a gym rat physique, she is also as sweet as they come. The local racing folks here are a close knit community.

Steve-Troy2008-2.jpg

This photo of me and the kid was taken last summer at our local track in Seattle. I can't seem to shake that kid no matter how hard I try. Troy is on his 750 and if you think you can out fox that kid on your busa down the front straight, I'd advise you not to bet any money. He has more tricks up his sleeve than Hodeine (SP). If you let him get out of the shoot on your ass he just hangs two feet off your rear and drafts you until you hit the brakes and he will shoot past you like he is coming out of a sling shot. Kid is tricky, I'm telling you!

Steve-Troy2008-1.jpg

Another shot of Troy setting me up like a little school girl. About two seconds after this photo was snapped he was passing me on the inside. If you look closely at the photo, you can see Troy has squared the corner off and his bike is angled toward the inside while I am angled toward the outside. I have chosen a line that takes me to the outside, away from the apex on the exit. Troy is already on the throttle closing the gap and with proper timing he sneaks through the inside opening as soon as it's wide enough to keep the tires on the pavement. As a result of the line choice I have made, I am still leaned over with maintanence throttle while Troy is stood up and WOT. If I remember correctly he rubbed me as he went past. Makes me want to spank the little turd's arse when he gets back to the pit. With a 190 pound chiseled carcass, I may be biting off more than I can chew :please:

Troy and I have tons of fun playing these little track games. Even though I'm usually on the loosing end, it still warms my heart. However, I can catch Troy sleeping now and then and surprise him with an inside pass of my own. But that rarely lasts more than one lap and he regain the dominate position. Kid uses his head along with his talent! :bowdown:

By the way, this is a move that works very well on your buddies when you are out playing. I use it often but I'm not immune to falling into my own trap either.

As you can probably tell, I am so very proud of this young man and very proud to call him my son! :beerchug:

Last edited:
Excellent write up, thanks for sharing with us! Lucky dad you are!
My 32 y/o son does his two-wheeled thing in the dirt, his momma and wife will not allow him to migrate with me to street.............oh well. :)

Thats very cool that you can do stuff you both enjoy together. Sounds like a proud dad. I hope someday to be able to do same on skydive with my daughter nothing would make me happier than sharing the sky with her.

I was just going through some of my hundreds of photos saved to my hard drive and thought I'd share a couple of precious moments I have had with my son "Troy".

TroyCrew.jpg

Picture of Troy (Second guy from the left in Blue/White leathers and a fuzzy face) and a group of his race buddies. And then there is Amber, the homely little chick that tends to humble many of her fellow men folk racers on the track. She is not only strikingly beautiful with a gym rat physique, she is also as sweet as they come. The local racing folks here are a close knit community.

Steve-Troy2008-2.jpg

This photo of me and the kid was taken last summer at our local track in Seattle. I can't seem to shake that kid no matter how hard I try. Troy is on his 750 and if you think you can out fox that kid on your busa down the front straight, I'd advise you not to bet any money. He has more tricks up his sleeve than Hodeine (SP). If you let him get out of the shoot on your ass he just hangs two feet off your rear and drafts you until you hit the brakes and he will shoot past you like he is coming out of a sling shot. Kid is tricky, I'm telling you!

Steve-Troy2008-1.jpg

Another shot of Troy setting me up like a little school girl. About two seconds after this photo was snapped he was passing me on the inside. If you look closely at the photo, you can see Troy has squared the corner off and his bike is angled toward the inside while I am angled toward the outside. I have chosen a line that takes me to the outside, away from the apex on the exit. Troy is already on the throttle closing the gap and with proper timing he sneaks through the inside opening as soon as it's wide enough to keep the tires on the pavement. As a result of the line choice I have made, I am still leaned over with maintanence throttle while Troy is stood up and WOT. If I remember correctly he rubbed me as he went past. Makes me want to spank the little turd's arse when he gets back to the pit. With a 190 pound chiseled carcass, I may be biting off more than I can chew :please:

Troy and I have tons of fun playing these little track games. Even though I'm usually on the loosing end, it still warms my heart. However, I can catch Troy sleeping now and then and surprise him with an inside pass of my own. But that rarely lasts more than one lap and he regain the dominate position. Kid uses his head along with his talent! :bowdown:

By the way, this is a move that works very well on your buddies when you are out playing. I use it often but I'm not immune to falling into my own trap either.

As you can probably tell, I am so very proud of this young man and very proud to call him my son! :beerchug:

Incredibly awesome photos and a great read. Inspiring to say the least!:thumbsup:

cool shots, looks like you all are having a great time :beerchug:

Spending time with your son is priceless. The only real thing you leave them is your knowledge and memories. Great pics and yall are happy. Good Job Tuf. The older you get the better he'll be. It just happens.:laugh:

Being one of the folk on here that have had the pleasure of knowing and riding with Steven, I'll say Troy is one lucky dude to have him for a dad.

Tuf is one of the most talented riders I know, and he is all to eager to share his knowlege with you.. Unlike some, he does it in such a fashion that you actually learn. There is nothing boastful about this guy at all.

Without a doubt, truly a prince of a guy. I'm proud to call him my friend.

Great pics Steven. I look forward to riding with you again this season, both on and off track. One of these days, I hope to meet Troy as well.

That is so cool! Riding with your son is the best.:thumbsup: Here is a shot of my son Chris, GSXTacy on the board, and myself at the Gap. I also have a son Matt, on the black bike, that I can't wait to ride with my two sons together.

post-6-30634-P1010026_JPGsmall.jpg

Matt $ shot (Medium).jpg

Those pics are AWESOME. You both are lucky to share and love the same hobby:beerchug:

He does look good:thumbsup:

This is a GREAT thread !!! I love those pictures, and it's even better with the dialog.

I know my Pop is my best friend now, and I love spending time with him (mostly fishing).

You say your son is on a 750, aren't you on a 1000 ? :poke: Is it true that most people are faster on 600's or 750's than they would be on a 1000 ? I've heard people say that only the skilled can benefit from the 1k's power ?

Cool beans Steven! The 750 is by far the best track weapon ever invented. Few riders can keep up with a skilled pilot on those beasts.

BTW...Steven is a squid! He's a really nice, but still a squid. :poke: :laugh:

Back