Trooper's Patrol Car

UncleSteve

Gear good - roadrash bad
Donating Member
Registered
One of our troopers was hit while on a traffic stop. He was in the car at the time of the collision. The picture was sent to me via cell phone so it is small and low quality. Sorry.
Just a reminder when ever you are stopped on the side of the road. Only stop for emergencies, try if you can, exit the interstate to a safe place. I have seen too many people killed changing a flat tire.
This patrol car had emergency lights activated and this was the result. All the facts of the crash were not relayed to me.

Be safe out there, the most dangerous place most of us ever enter.... a public roadway.

The car was rear ended (hard to tell the front from the rear)

crash.jpg

Just got an update.
He has a concussion and they are holding him for observation.
He is in very good physical shape so he has that going for him.
I would expect he will have some back and neck problems for a very long time, based on similar crashes.

That is very scary.

Everyone please be careful on those Interstates!! I was almost hit by a trailer this week on my way home from work myself.

Just got an update.
He has a concussion and they are holding him for observation.
He is in very good physical shape so he has that going for him.
I would expect he will have some back and neck problems for a very long time, based on similar crashes.

Glad it wasn't worse than that.

Saw that on the news tonight Steve, how about the van that he pulled over, heard there were kids in there too.

I have not received information on them. Usually it takes a little while to get all the facts unless I was to call the trooper that is doing the investigation.

OH crap! Prayers sent for all involved Steve, glad the Trooper was not seriously injured.

It would be nice if the traveling public would obey the " Move over Law " , Here in Kansas they still haven't figured it out! Hope he recovers quickly!

Glad he's ok, prayers for a fast recovery.

I've had friends hit (not that severely) and had plenty of close calls myself, sad thing is it's almost always preventable.

My favorite is always the guy that passes on the right when vehicles move to the left and slow due to emergency vehicles on the right shoulder. :banghead:

Back