Trooper vs Drunk...

"Stay down or yerr gonna git it again". Yee Haw

I always thought that once you were hit with a tazer that you were out for the count for at least a few minutes. That guy was able to stand repeatedly after being tazed, must be the etoh on board. Chris

Yep, and Georgia politician Tyrone Brookes is trying to have them banned for use by police.
mad.gif
For what reason? Seems to me we need more non-lethal methods the police can use to restrain people, not less.

Maybe he's never had to deal with an angry drunk?

rock.gif

I always thought that once you were hit with a tazer that you were out for the count for at least a few minutes. That guy was able to stand repeatedly after being tazed, must be the etoh on board. Chris
Some of the older technology knocked your pecker in the dirt for a period of time after you were hit. Very painful, too. The new ones like we use (Taser International's M26 Advanced Taser) operate on the same "frequency" as your brain, telling your muscles what to do. It introduces "noise" into that signal system and simply overrides your muscle control, taking bodily control away. The pain is comparable to a tattoo needle (very, VERY minor) and as soon as the Taser cycles off (five second cycle from pull of trigger... automatically shuts off after 5 seconds on the M26) the pain is over and you again have full control of your body/muscles.

The only residual effects are the probe ##### points. They tingle for a couple of minutes or so, and leave a light ##### and slight burn. Feels less painful than a shot in the butt at the doctor's office. The only other types of injuries that the Taser can cause would be from falling when you lose control of your body. If the Taser wasn't activated again after the initial deployment you could jump up the instant it stopped and fight again. After multiple activations like this guy recieved you'd probably be a bit tired from all your muscles tightening up from the Taser signals and the sensation is so wierd that you'd probably comply, but you wouldn't really be physically disabled at all.

The best thing about it is that while the probe leads are still hooked to you, cover officers can move in and handcuff you and if you resist while they're doing it, the officer with the Taser can activate it while they're holding onto you and it won't shock them. The Taser will steal your muscle control while they cuff you. It gains compliance via muscle control with no long lasting effects at all.

I'll put it this way... I'd rather be hit with a Taser again than to be pepper sprayed agian ANY DAY!!!
eek2.gif
If it hurt, or had long lasting effects I would never say that.
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107478780 -->

Yep, and Georgia politician Tyrone Brookes is trying to have them banned for use by police.
mad.gif
For what reason? Seems to me we need more non-lethal methods the police can use to restrain people, not less.  

Maybe he's never had to deal with an angry drunk?

rock.gif
He claims it's "Electrocution before prosecution..." What an idiot. It's obvious that he hasn't done any real research into this and he's just trying to get his name on some legislation somehow. In addition to banning police use of it, I understand he's also pushing to keep them legal for the general public. WTF?
rock.gif

Plain and simple, he's an idiot...
wink.gif

The M26 Advanced Taser is the best and safest less than lethal control option I've seen hit the law enforcement community since I've been in LE. Every case I've read about where someone died involved people who were jacked up on drugs and died from heart failure after a struggle with Police. That was happening long before the Taser was introduced. I mean, there's only so hard you can push your heart with CNS stimulating drugs and adrenaline before it craps out on ya...
rock.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

alcohol is still legal because......... ? ?
'cuase at the proper time, with the proper restraint, a cold beer or a fine bourbon makes me very, very happy. We could make it illegal, but fools would still abuse it.
I guess some folks have forgotten all about prohibition and how successful that was....
smile.gif

At creating the Fuggin Mafia foothold in America...
couldn't care less about prohibition. about we look at the destroyed families, people, children, drivers, financial stability, insurance rates, loss of purpose it's causing. of course, I think smoking is self destructive also

I'd like to put alcohol destruction up against "Cell phones while driving" and see who teh REAL winner is. are we THAT blind? It really gets to me.... some one get me a beer! QUICK!

Some of the older technology knocked your pecker in the dirt for a period of time after you were hit. Very painful, too. The new ones like we use (Taser International's M26 Advanced Taser) operate on the same "frequency" as your brain, telling your muscles what to do. It introduces "noise" into that signal system and simply overrides your muscle control, taking bodily control away. The paint is comparable to a tattoo needle (very, VERY minor) and as soon as the Taser cycles off (five second cycle from pull of trigger... automatically shuts off after 5 seconds on the M26) the pain is over and you again have full control of your body/muscles.

The only residual effects are the probe ##### points. They tingle for a couple of minutes or so, and leave a light ##### and slight burn. Feels less painful than a shot in the butt at the doctor's office. The only other types of injuries that the Taser can cause would be from falling when you lose control of your body. If the Taser wasn't activated again after the initial deployment you could jump up the instant it stopped and fight again. After multiple activations like this guy recieved you'd probably be a bit tired from all your muscles tightening up from the Taser signals and the sensation is so wierd that you'd probably comply, but you wouldn't really be physically disabled at all.

The best thing about it is that while the probe leads are still hooked to you, cover officers can move in and handcuff you and if you resist while they're doing it, the officer with the Taser can activate it while they're holding onto you and it won't shock them. The Taser will steal your muscle control while they cuff you. It gains compliance via muscle control with no long lasting effects at all.

I'll put it this way... I'd rather be hit with a Taser again than to be pepper sprayed agian ANY DAY!!!
eek2.gif
wink.gif
um... how much is one of those again?
smile.gif

Some of the older technology knocked your pecker in the dirt for a period of time after you were hit. Very painful, too. The new ones like we use (Taser International's M26 Advanced Taser) operate on the same "frequency" as your brain, telling your muscles what to do. It introduces "noise" into that signal system and simply overrides your muscle control, taking bodily control away. The paint is comparable to a tattoo needle (very, VERY minor) and as soon as the Taser cycles off (five second cycle from pull of trigger... automatically shuts off after 5 seconds on the M26) the pain is over and you again have full control of your body/muscles.

eek2.gif
wink.gif
um... how much is one of those again?
smile.gif
Around $500 I think...
wink.gif

wink.gif

Never been there, but hope that I would still have the common sense just to listen to the officer and not fight it. Nothing good can come of it.

Looks like fun...
smile.gif

I said... BUZZZZTTT.. put your ......BUUUZZZZTT..... hands behind your.....BBBZZZZZTT .....BACK!

Looks like fun...
smile.gif

I said... BUZZZZTTT.. put your ......BUUUZZZZTT..... hands behind your.....BBBZZZZZTT .....BACK!
Lol...
laugh.gif
I'm so serious! I could use that all the way home in traffic..
"Turn off ...BBZZZTT .. your ...BBBZZZTTT.... blinker!"
"Use the ....BBBZZZTTT........ turn lane!"
"BBZZZZTT.... BBBZZZTTT....BBBZZZTTTT....There's a bike there!!! BBBBBBZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTT"

or on my dog..
"I said ....BBBZZZZTT ... don't eat....BBBZZZTT.... the hose!"
"Don't ever ....BBBZZZTT....eat that.....BBBBZZZTTT ....again!"
"Keep your ....BBBZZZTT.. nose, off .... BBBZZZT....my counter!"

or even on Gjoker..
"I said.....BBBZZZT .....I need... BBZZZTTT... a new bike!"

Oh yeah... I'm really likin this!!
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(Butthead) "Heh Heh Heh Thhhat guys like,... a slow learner or something?  Heh Heh..(Beavis) "Yea, Yea, Hit em with the Tazer!!!!" LOL

<!--EDIT|jusmoov
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107482453 -->

My son has video of him being hit by a tazer. He just graduated from the PoPo academy and part of their training was getting hit with it so they would know what it felt like.
cool.gif

The pain is comparable to a tattoo needle (very, VERY minor) and as soon as the Taser cycles off (five second cycle from pull of trigger... automatically shuts off after 5 seconds on the M26) the pain is over and you again have full control of your body/muscles.
Obviously yoou do not have any tattoos there Bullet
laugh.gif

4 of the 6 that I have hurt like a sumbeach
wink.gif

Oh...Very cool video. Laughed my azz off.

so,BT, if a person loses all muscle control when hit with said taser,does that mean he'll be peeing all over ones self?
could be a smelly ride back to jail.
sad.gif

He should have had him cuffed and subdued way before the tazer was used but guess not trained for good hand to hand
rock.gif

Back