triple clamp or bar riser???

brentonbrown

Registered
I just bought a black 09 Busa and need some advice on lowering my bike. I'm going to use Brock's adjustable dogbones in the rear but I don't know what the best way the drop the front is. I know I can get a new triple clamp ad let the forks up through the clamp about 3/4 of an inche but I wat to drop it more than that and I've heard several people complaining about the levers hitting the fairing when doing this. I've also considered getting a 1 1/4 bar riser plate from Genmar which would allow me to lower it twice as far as the triple clamp (I'm assuming here so please correct me if I'm wrong here). Is one of these choices better than the other??? Also, what happens if you use both of them does it allow you to lower the bike and keep your handlebars in the factory position??? Please give me as much advice or info as possible and thanks in advance! One more thing, I'm not as worried about $$$ here I just want the BEST way to do it!

Congratulations on the purchase and :welcome: to the Org! I have been doing research on this because of the levers situation. I am just going to go with the spacers for now.

What happens if you use both is what I've been wondering??? Can you lower it the 3/4 with the clamp AND 1 1/4 with the spacer for a total of 2 inches or anywhere in between???

What is the advantage of using both? Does it allow you to lower the bike more than just using one of the two or does it position the bars in a more comfortable position???

Might have missed something here. Usually I do. But if the forks are the same diameter for the top 6 to 8 inches why would you do both. I've seen top clamps on bikes that allowed at least two inches of lowering. The Busa might be different. I used risers.

The risers / spacers will give you from 0-1 3/4 inch travel, however the ones I used and I believe all risers will cause the levers to contact the stock windscreen. Not a big problem or problem at all as long as you realize the levers will make contact and actually cause the front brakes to operate.

For an occasional trip to the strip you can also use a strap. :beerchug:

Last edited:
I just bought a black 09 Busa and need some advice on lowering my bike. I'm going to use Brock's adjustable dogbones in the rear but I don't know what the best way the drop the front is. I know I can get a new triple clamp ad let the forks up through the clamp about 3/4 of an inche but I wat to drop it more than that and I've heard several people complaining about the levers hitting the fairing when doing this. I've also considered getting a 1 1/4 bar riser plate from Genmar which would allow me to lower it twice as far as the triple clamp (I'm assuming here so please correct me if I'm wrong here). Is one of these choices better than the other??? Also, what happens if you use both of them does it allow you to lower the bike and keep your handlebars in the factory position??? Please give me as much advice or info as possible and thanks in advance! One more thing, I'm not as worried about $$$ here I just want the BEST way to do it!
I went with brock's triple clamp, the down side is you will have to alter you brake lever, I had to grind part of the inside down, I know it seems crazy but its the only way it will work, the good side is you can hardly tell. Hope this helps.

Thanks for the input!! I'de rather not have to grind on the brake lever or anything else if possible but from what I'm reading here it's going to hit with the top clamp or the risers correct??? Does anybody know if there is atop clamp or riser out there that doesn't require you to cut or gring aything on the bike??? Like I said I was looking at the Genmar Riser and I thought it said on their website that the bars don't touch the fairing when used but that might only be if you are using the product to raise the bars ad not lower the bike??? If anybody has any definite answers here please chime in!!!

I used the Soupys one inch riser / lowering block and everything clears just fine.

soupys.jpg

how do the bars hit ? they are att to the triple and if you lower the front by letting the fork tubes up everything should go down yes? or am i thinking of it wrong?

everything goes down forks fairings so how can it hit ?

Back