steering dampener with a bar riser???

brentonbrown

Registered
I have an 09 Busa and I'm interested in getting a Scott's steering stabilizer or maybe a GPR but I have a 1" Soupy's bar riser on my bike in order to lower the front end. Has anybody else made one of these stabilizers work with the bar riser? I called both places and they both said they dont offer anything to make it work and I would have to figure it out myself???

Unless your looking for folks to see your bling or are in constant on track need of adj I dont see why one of these would not work.
I have one and the function of it is no different.
Reason I bought is cuz I wanted an uncluttered triple tree and dont race.
I adjust it once before I ride.
If i'm going blastin it will be all the way almost.
Around town to the beach, click it down and go.
Never a need to do it on the fly ?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...ohlins-steering-damper-kudos-hard-racing.html

Hey no problem , enjoy.
I like the way my bike looks and others dont.
To each his own.

Ohlins is almost a deuce cheaper....???
More mod $ left over..:laugh:

send me pics of your setup and will see what we can setup for you..they will do nothing out the norm but we will..

Wow, this is weird. I just went through the exact same situation 3 weeks ago. The bolts that came with my GPR (drilled special to accept the 6mm GPR hold down fasteners) were too short to work with my 1.25 inch GEN-MAR riser. I spoke to Randy at GPR and he had me send him the GEN-MAR supplied longer bolts for him to modify for me. HE DID SO AT NO CHARGE !! I offered to pay him for his labor but he refused and was simply happy to provide me with good old fashioned customer service. He also gave me the additional spacers I needed to raise the mount on the frame the additional 1.25 inches AGAIN AT NO CHARGE !!! GPR is the way to go !!!!! The customer service is outstanding and Randy in technical service deserves recognition for going above the call of duty.

Randy is a good guy... Try your sponsors though you will be surprised what we can do for you when all others are closed...

Back