Hello - Newbe - Bars Risers Q?

Z-Faucon

Registered
Hello all  
ThumbsUp.gif

I just acquired my K8 Busa waiting for me in the garage.  Not much riding here in the NE due to weather, temps are < 30 degrees and not the best for the OEM tires.  (will post pics soon)  So I'll play it safe and wait till warmer times to break it in right.  My objective is to make this bike my ST.  I'm coming off a Yami K3 FJR1300.  Been a member of the loyal FJR owners forum (how's it going Warchild?) for some time.  In fact going to be selling that one (don't want to  
sad.gif
) but can't afford to keep both rides.   My FJR has Lenkeradapters handle bar risers which results in a more upright/back seating position that I like.  Conversely the Busa stock bars requires that I reach foward too much.   Which bars in your experience will get me closer to that FJR seating position?
- Gen Mar risers  (don't know how high or back they offer?)
- Heli Bars (not sure on the height either but did see Warchilds install)
- Riser Plate S123 (up 1.25 in but not yet offered for K8)
- Riser Plate S122 (up .75 in but not yet offered)
- Spiegler Bars (can't find the height nor back measurements?)

Don't care if I need lines.  Going to replace them with Spiegler SS anyway.
BTW has anyone yet installed a Brembo radial master cyclinder?

I appreciate your advice.  I'm looking forward to learning more about this awesome machine.  
beerchug.gif

Welcome! THe HeliBars will give you a very good up and back move and adjust your riding position. Bar risers would be next, IMO. Not sure if anyone has put a Brembo on a GenII yet.

I installed riser's 1 inch seemed to make a more comfortable position but hard to say becuase it is below zero here so no riding.

Everyone seems to like the Helibars, I just ordered mine today. If you do a search you should find a link to where Warchild guides you through the install. If I am not mistaken, one of the pics shows a view from the front of the bike so that you get a general idea of the expected change in position. Although, I think until I actually ride with them it will be hard to know.

"Riser Plate S123 (up 1.25 in but not yet offered for K8)
- Riser Plate S122 (up .75 in but not yet offered)"

The Co. says '08'spacers are available now via phone, web site to follow.

Thanks for all your replies. I've got plenty to think about. It's a matter of how far up or back I like to be seated. I'm going to measure for myself this weekend. JZA I think the group buy was cancelled. I responded to a thred earlier in the week about that GB and the thred seems to be deleted now. Anyway, I've got some options to consier, thanks guys.
smile.gif

Back