TRE

Busa45

Registered
Thinking about getting a TRE for my 02 Busa. Any pros / cons / problems I should know about?

Any recommendations on a particular make / model?

One of my buddies just bought a TRE for his ZX-14, so I may have to get one in self-defense.

Any info would be great.

Thanks guys.

The "search" feature is your friend. There are a thousand posts on TREs and about as many opinions on their usefulness.
Read on..
ThumbsUp.gif

Ok got to do it!
whatsatre.png

But seriously, not sure what brand is best, I have the GIPro with built in TRE feature. Although, I have never broke the 186mph limit to use the TRE. Just a mind thing I am sure, but I think it smooths the bike out in the lower rpms.

whatsatre.png
firedevil.gif
, ohh and what kind of tires and oil should i use ... jk search is most def your friend gipro is cool cause its also a gear indicator and i think you can also turn the tre off too

My GI Pro cut my MPH in the 1/4 by 5 everytime I turn it on. Oddly enough, the 1/4 time was usually better by a touch. Must add torque somewhere.

After I installed my TRE my 6th gear felt a little stronger, not alot but noticebly. I have buried my needle in 5th gear, without going to 6th gear the last time I ran my bike hard against a few buddies with modified R1's. Still haven't had the need to push it to the limit and use 6th since I installed it. But one big thing that I have noticed is that you can run each gear all the way out and it doesn't die off as soon as before. When pulling against by buddy's Busa I can hold out a little longer before switching in each gear.

who dug up this post from 2001?!?!? oh wait... it's a new thread. What's scary is that it's such a popular subject that there's even been an emoticon created for it ->
whatsatre.png

google.gif
there's a whole buch of different ones out there from the <$1.00 DIY to the ones that even can replay your top speed. They all do the samething so it comes down to what your preference, abilities, and wallet.

tiptoe.gif

Back