TRE help

djlipscomb71

Registered
Hi im new to the forum and have recently purchased a 2006 Busa with low miles and as I have heard from many websites that in order to get rid of the top speed restrictor you have to install one. I have also read that they are a waste of time and that there is other ways of removing the restrictor i just wanna if the TRE would make the bike smoother in the lower gears cause i really dont want that and what do i need to get to remove it cause im getting answer of both by reading the form. Also which would be the best TRE or whatever to remove the restrictor on the bike any help to finally clarifiy this would greatly be appreciated

Welcome aboard!!! As far as TRE goes. Don't think anybody here would recommended. But, the experts will be here soon to give you advice.!

And !!!! Rule #1 here is: post pics of the bike!!

:welcome:
:tre: :banghead:

Don't do it. You need to look into the flashing of your ECU, have your bike professionally tuned to the modifications that are in place/or that you are planning.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup:

Not a tuner nor am I a mechanic. My understanding is that TREs normally fool the bike into thinking it's in another gear other than sixth but does not remove the top speed restriction

1) The Busa will take big guys over 180 MPH ( how fast do you really need to go )

2) Many, many here have posted bad results with TREs and eventually remove them.

3) Pretty sure you can take the bike to someone who can reflash the ECU and remove the restriction as well as correcting any mapping issues and do things like raise the factory rev limits.

I'm worried now... I've been running an '07 with ATRE on with gear indicator built in and love it... It does make the bike think its in 5th gear as that is allegedly the most responsive map and in doing so removes any restrictions such as those in the lower gear and top speed limiter (although I'm unlikely to test this as I ride on the road and don't fancy prison food much).

There are cheaper TREs on the market but I chose this one as it is also programmed not to work in neutral (some do apparently)

I run it with a power commander with no compatibility issues and have to date had no problems and am really happy with the way the bike runs.

Maybe I've just been lucky... I will now have to look into what problems others have had and see whether I want to continue with this setup.

Is getting the ECU flashed like kinda like using a PC with a custom tune an id like to run over 186 seeing that ive already maxed it out in the first week of owning it an if so where and how do u get the ECU flashed.

No well kinda, but I'm not a tuner. I think all a PC does is make the A/F mapping better typically based on a relevant modification to the bikes performance.

Someone going into the ECU can do that and play with a lot of other things like removing the restriction on all Busi after year 2000.

Below the reply window click on the " Go Advance " hot button, scroll down and find " Manage Attachments " click on that hot button, then click on browse find the pic click on open, then click on upload and wait. When it's finished click post reply . Hope that's helpful.

How much does that usually run to have it flashed and would he not need my bike there in order to tune it correctly? What's some other mids that will boost hp that's straight bolt ons and I'll post pic when I get back to my computer till then u can see the bike on my profile

Back