PC3r does the same as TRE??

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
On a different post someone said, "no tre needed with a PC3r". I thought the tre was the only thing that removed the 186mph restriction, am I right. Were they just referring to timing??

CB....that was me ....I was generally referring to the first and second gear timming retard with standard ECU. The PC3r will take care of that since it has timming capabilities. Beyond that, I'm not sure if it will remove the 186 limit. That one I didn't think to check out because I'm kind of a 170-180 type of guy. Above 180, I tend to just waste a lot of otherwise good underware. Johnny Cheese would know,we'll just have to wait for the mystical figure to reappear.....
cool.gif

CB....that was me ....I was generally referring to the first and second gear timming retard with standard ECU. The PC3r will take care of that since it has timming capabilities. Beyond that, I'm not sure if it will remove the 186 limit. That one I didn't think to check out because I'm kind of a 170-180 type of guy. Above 180, I tend to just waste a lot of otherwise good underware. Johnny Cheese would know,we'll just have to wait for the mystical figure to reappear.....
cool.gif
Cool,

Johnnycheese... ping...

PCIIIR will steady out the throttle response in the lower gears. Will not get rid of top end restriction. Unless you are actually going to use the top end ( above 186) then you really don't need to worry about it much. Personal choice

I have something better than a TRE almost done.
to remove th 186mph. but as yourself this? have you banged the limiter in 6th? if you do all the time yes remove the restriction and don't post you city. If not don't worry about it

Hey Cheese-man... Can you give us any more info on this "secret top end limiter remover" of yours???
I'm REALLY curious about it...

cool.gif
Remember though if you adjust the timing for the 1st-3rd factory timing retard then you are also adjusting for all gears, half of which do not come with any timing retard.

Back