Calling all modifcation GURUs!!!

Charlesbusa

Used to be a SoCal Busa
Donating Member
Registered
I have a 2002 busa with a yoshi tri-oval 4-2-1 titanium full exhaust system. Looking at my next mod., which will involve fuel/air management. First, do I have this right;
PCII & PCIII -- remap/adjust fuel/air management
PCIIIr -- does what PCIII does plus adjusts timing in all gears
TRE -- dissables the speed restriction

Now the questions;
1)Does the TRE remap/adjust fuel/air mangement or adjust timing on any/all gears?
2)If a TRE does everything Question 1 asks, why would you get a TRE & PCIIIr?
3)Should I mod. the airbox before messing with TRE or PCIIIr?
4)Are there any other mods relating to this subject(other than NOS and Turbo systems)??
5) Anything else that I missing??
bowdown.gif
beerchug.gif

the basic tre makes your bike think its in 5th gear all the time

it doesn't really map anything. Just "tricks" the computer to remove the restriction. So yes a PC is highly recommended regardless of the tre or not. Yes do the smallbox mod.

did you remove the PAIR when you installed the exhaust? other than that you're good to go.

Don't forget the PC III USB. It offers plug and play abitity with your computer and has ports to add other gadgets from power commander. It does your fuel but not your timing but there is a timing modual you can add if you get to the point you really need to.

No PAIR valve, I bought it in Florida(its a 49 state bike).
What is involved in the "smallbox" mod?? Is it just a different air filter or is there more to it??

No PAIR valve, I bought it in Florida(its a 49 state bike).
What is involved in the "smallbox" mod??  Is it just a different air filter or is there more to it??
what do you mean no pair?? it doesn't have one or you didn't do the mod?

smallbox mod you just take out he flapper and cut the center portion of the box out.

It doesn't have a PAIR valve. My info came from the dealer, suzuki said only the CA models have the PAIR valve and that my bike(a 49 state bike) didn't come with one. This was in Daytona, FL in July of 2002.

What are the negatives of doing the smallbox mod??
As with any air box mod that involves cutting the flapper out, you will lose some power down in the low rpm range. This happens becuase the airbox does not build pressure unless your bike is moving. The trade-off is you get some more power at mid-and high speeds.

It doesn't have a PAIR valve.  My info came from the dealer, suzuki said only the CA models have the PAIR valve and that my bike(a 49 state bike) didn't come with one.  This was in Daytona, FL in July of 2002.
have you ever looked at it yourself?
are there block off plates covering the holes?
look right above each header is there 2 bolts holding a small plate on?

It doesn't have a PAIR valve.  My info came from the dealer, suzuki said only the CA models have the PAIR valve and that my bike(a 49 state bike) didn't come with one.  This was in Daytona, FL in July of 2002.
have you ever looked at it yourself?
are there block off plates covering the holes?
look right above each header is there 2 bolts holding a small plate on?
I'll take a look just to verify it(its not like the suzuki dealership has ever lied before), but I'm 99.9% that my bike doesn't have a PAIR.

if you bought the bike new from the dealer then it has the PAIR still on there unless you pulled it when you switched pipes

I checked the bike and there is no PAIR valve.

Anyway, reference the smallbox mod, I've heard that you don't want to ride in rain. Or is that with an aftermarket air filter??

I checked the bike and there is no PAIR valve.

Anyway, reference the smallbox mod, I've heard that you don't want to ride in rain.  Or is that with an aftermarket air filter??
They all had them so you have a dealer who lies. tell him he is a liar and you will not go back there.

small box mod is find but find a tuner who can map it.
If water hurt a motor there would be no water injection.

Plus what do you think humidity is?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?

here is a hint WATER
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

rock.gif

laugh.gif

Humidity in the intake is a lot different than liquid water.  Explain why rain won't hurt the bike once you have modified the air filter/air box.

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086671446 -->

First thing ...have someone else do the work on your bike. Because its evident that the dealerin question doesn't know "jack" about the bike. Busas come with a pair valve regardless of state. Ca is the only model with the specialized emission control unit --whose particular name escapes me at the moment.

Back