smart TRE question

nvusovmeass

Registered
i just went to go pic up a TRE for my busa and they didnt have it in stock but the parts guy said that friday they were going to have a "SMART TRE"...

he said "it makes it a little richer at idle so it doesnt have the lopey sound that the old one had"...since i never had one before i thought maybe you guys knew something about it

Never heard of a "Smart" before.
rock.gif
But there are several makers for TRE. Do you know which one? I have one purchased for my dealer about 2 months ago by Oriental Express. Also, the mixure is not an issue for me anymore since I got a PC III ... you can change fuel/air mixure at ANY throttle
super.gif
position (250 rpm increments) not just idle.

so the brand of TRE might be by the "SMART" comany? all he said was that it was better then the original one...i dont know

From what i know of the TRE's is that the standard one will cause your bike to run at a little higher rpms while in neutral... the "smart" TRE will allow the bike to idle normally in neutral... I just bought a GiPro... it is a gear postion indicator and a ATRE all in one.

geeze guys... you are all slipping... its been over a half hour since this was posted and nobodys posted the all mighty question yet....
lurk.gif

(nvusovmeass @ Apr. 11 2007,19:35) i said what it was in the first paragraph(or at least what the parts guy said)
Its a long standing running joke on this board... when someone starts asking questions about a TRE someone will usually post up a question ... like dadofthree did... whats a TRE... someone will respond with something like... dunno, dont they have leaves on them? Anyway, be careful about the dealers, sometimes they will tell you what you think you want to hear in an effort to get you to spend more money. Buy what you want but before you do, this board is a great source of information and you can always come here and ask questions... there are alot of great people here that have ALOT of information. You can probably get that TRE from a board sponsor cheaper than you can get it from your dealer too!

If you disrupt the pink wire with a resistor it does the same thing for about 5 bucks and a trip to radio shack. heres a link with pics and instruction.

Take it back and invest in the GI PRO gear indicator that has the (smart tre ) built right in and the gear indicator is something you probally actually get some use out of. Just my $0.02
argue.gif

(tjdobb @ Apr. 14 2007,06:13) Take it back and invest in the GI PRO gear indicator that has the (smart tre ) built right in and the gear indicator is something you probally actually get some use out of. Just my $0.02
argue.gif
hi there i own a 06 busa i got a gi pro and a pc 3 but the prob i face is wahe both combine it together will the gi pro works??? i have gone for a dyno run..the mecanic tol mi the gi pro is not in use now after i install the pc>>>pls help

(jpracecraft @ Apr. 11 2007,20:58) If you disrupt the pink wire with a  resistor it does the same thing for about 5 bucks and a trip to radio shack. heres a link with pics and instruction.
link didn't work for me ??

Back