transmision trouble /05 busa ltd

No offense but are you positive you are shifting properly? Is this your first bike?
this is my first sport bike , i have grown up around bikes and atvs all my life , had mostly beaters this is my first brand new 0 mile bike ! the beaters were under 2 grand each cb650 ,cb750*2, cb1000 . hondamatic , and a few others that never made it more than a week , those were street dirt klr250,mako 490, yz490 , cr125, cr60 kx80 yamaha banshee suzuki quads we had two when i was younger one was a 185 the other was a 230 i think , i have a class a cdlwhich i have had for seven years so i shift alot ! some of that is relevant some is not , i have never missed a gear on this bike it loves the gears they were always right there i am the only one who has ridden the bike . so i am sure i am shifting ok , my sport bike capabilities are limited , scared to wheelie this bike , and i can / have launched it but i am sure if it was on a track it would be realy embarrasing time ! , but i have never had a tranny prob on any of my bikes . there are no tracks on long island that i know about there was one in west hampton but now it is condos , it closed years ago , no offense taken should i be shifting differently from the bikes i listed ?

another thing...if they say you've been drag racing, then call the local drags and as them if tehy can be so kind as to provide you with the motorcycle registrations for the participants.

Shove it in their face and tell them to look for your bike. I'd like to see the look on their face when they can't find your bike.

Not only that, but also let them know that you have an attorney (and make sure you get one) and that you are going to take them to court for "breach of contract" and "false advertising". Also mention that you will be notifying Suzuki USA of pending litigation.

That's friggin BS if they're trying to lay the blame on you. Fuggin bastids...they're just trying to get outta this easy.
mad.gif
what kind of lawyer should i contact about my problem?

another thing...if they say you've been drag racing, then call the local drags and as them if tehy can be so kind as to provide you with the motorcycle registrations for the participants.

Shove it in their face and tell them to look for your bike. I'd like to see the look on their face when they can't find your bike.

Not only that, but also let them know that you have an attorney (and make sure you get one) and that you are going to take them to court for "breach of contract" and "false advertising". Also mention that you will be notifying Suzuki USA of pending litigation.

That's friggin BS if they're trying to lay the blame on you. Fuggin bastids...they're just trying to get outta this easy.
mad.gif
what kind of lawyer should i contact about my problem?
good question...

I'm thinking either a business (?) or corporate lawyer.

You can prolly look around and find guys that are doing pro bono work just to start you off. That way, at least you have an attorney to start off with.

Mostly your bluff card....but be sure to contact others who are more familiar with prosecuting corporations. I'm pretty sure that they have some who guarantee that they won't charge anything unless you get a settlement.

You also let the dealership know that you are in the process of filing criminal charges. If anything else, I'm sure they're gonna get a change of heart once they've been served with litigation papers or a Notice to Appear.

Don't let them step all over you like they've been doing.

Go fight with the dealer, and contact Suzuki. They should make good on it.

2 things could be happening.
If it does not want to shift to any gear, sounds like a shift fork problem. ( Thats the part that "tells" the gears where to go)
If it keeps popping out of 2nd, it sounds like a gear dog problem. These are the tabs on the side of the gear that hold it in place to mesh with its mate.
Undercutting puts a small "back cut" on these dogs so that they pull themselfs into each other. Good for dragracing, makes it a little harder to shift on the street. Not much, but it might be noticeable.
Orient Express can do the whole job for you. They are in Freeport.

Suzuki should warranty the job, however. Go start complaining to them, and good luck.

Go fight with the dealer, and contact Suzuki. They should make good on it.

2 things could be happening.
If it does not want to shift to any gear, sounds like a shift fork problem. ( Thats the part that "tells" the gears where to go)
If it keeps popping out of 2nd, it sounds like a gear dog problem. These are the tabs on the side of the gear that hold it in place to mesh with its mate.
Undercutting puts a small "back cut" on these dogs so that they pull themselfs into each other. Good for dragracing, makes it a little harder to shift on the street. Not much, but it might be noticeable.
Orient Express can do the whole job for you. They are in Freeport.

Suzuki should warranty the job, however. Go start complaining to them, and good luck.
thanks , took off of work today going to see if i can get the suzuki rep at the dealer when i go to look at the parts ! thanks again
john stein

So what's going on
rock.gif
rock.gif

Inquiring minds want to know
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

bump.gif

<!--EDIT|Glyn
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120906794 -->

rock.gif

biggrin.gif

John,
Which dealer are you using for service? Did you go back to Riverhead or BayShore? I'm curious as I am looking to buy Busa in next few weeks and service will be as important as purchase price. There aren't many stealers to choose from here on the Island.

How about an attorney who deals with business law. And don't forget the lemon law we have in NYS, I used it once with a 30K suburban deal that went bad, got full refund just by researching it and mentioning it to manager at dealer.

It is based on the Magnuson-Moss Law.
Uniform Commercial Code- Tarr-Baby 24 Drake Law
"shaken faith in vehicle"

Sadis & Golberg Attorneys at Law in NYC deal with Lemon Law. Sorry, don't have number for them.

Also try NYS Attorney General Office (800) 771-7755

Good luck. Sux to have to deal with this. This is second Busa I am hearing of with this problem. Hope it's not going to become common.

i took off work yesterday spent all day harrasing suzuki on the phone my bike is in bayshore and in many pieces ! turns out dealer didnt call suzuki about problem as he was quick to blame the problem on me so suzuki called to find out what the crazy guy was screamin about on the phone they asked for a list of parts ? so i hope that is a good thing the zuki rep was just at the shop and wont be back till after the job is done maybe a month , as parts are backordered , but it looks as though warranty will pick it up heres the damage shift fork all gears dogs bushings rear sprocket and a rear tire almost worn out after 5000 miles ! they actualy told me they had a customer come in for his first set at 17000 miles ? i almost died laughin , then he said if i purchased the bike there i wouldnt be havin this problem ? nice guy a little rough but straight shooter , after i explained to him the problem hapened in pa with wife and soft luggage on board had to get home first dealer said keep drivin it no problem bring it in next tue 10 days away 3300 miles goto dealer 4042 miles has bike for days doesnt find anything bring it to second dealer 5000 miles week and a half later so drivin it with problem didnt save any parts so now hes ok little pissed cause i did my own 600 mile service but whatever i bought the oil and service manual from him ! bolth are good dealers maximum motorsports sold me the bike no deals there i paid msrp , no freight prep the service dept is way backed up they just built a new building so i imagine they have a lot goin on over there my sales guy was steve how ever they didnt fix my problem and told me to keep ridin it and after hearing from a few board members with trannys lockin up the rear wheel thats when i went to bay shore , met a guy named enzo over there he has kind of been the buffer between me and the service manager but a realy nice guy bolth have busa s in stock bay shore has an o5 le that somebody screwed them on it has 240 kit , pcIII, tuned and some other bling ! i also saw some other limiteds there copper and black i think they would kick the 240 limited out the door and eat the loss cause i think they are tired of lookin at it ? but they did take my bike right in they told me worst case up front no suprises so far they even told me who to call at suzuki overall i like the bayshore place better and think i will do buissnes with them from now on i just kinda felt abandoned after the sale in riverhead ! glyn recomended a place in freeport but bayshore had my bike already . it sucks to be down already but i will be back up soon ! shop around and see who will give you the best deal i sent gm1300 to riverhead and he got no deals from steve a week after i bought my bike enzo seems like a real nice guy im sure he would hook you up !

maximum motorsports - riverhead
thomas motorsports - port jefforson
formula one motorsports - bayshore
honda of mineola
and the one glyn said to go to was orient express in freeport
all should deal with busas or can get them
good luck shopping !
i am startin to realize there are a few more board members on the island hope i get my bike back soon we should get a ride together before the end of the summer
biggrin.gif

Back