05 LTD BUSA WRECKED....

LTDBUSA05

Registered
WELL THE OTHER DAY I HAD A CAR PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND I LOCKED UP THE BRAKES AND THE HANDLE BARS TURNED TO THE LEFT AND THE BIKE DUMPED ON ITS LEFT SIDE SPUN AROUND AND HIT THE PASSANGER REAR SIDE TIREAND THE FRONT END SHATTERED. THERES ABOUT 16000 IN DAMAGES AND I HAVE TH BIKE STILL.....LOOKIN TO SEE WHAT I CAN GET FOR IT CAUSE THE ENGINE ONLY HAS 1646 MILES ON IT AND IVE ONLY HAD THE BIKE FOR LIL OVER A MONTH AND DIDNT REALLY GET TO RIDE IT....ILL GET PICS AND EXACT PARTS OF WHAT IS MESSED UP ON IT....LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS....815-603-9172

that seems to be a valid question..
laugh.gif

WELL THE OTHER DAY I HAD A CAR PULL OUT IN FRONT OF ME AND I LOCKED UP THE BRAKES AND THE HANDLE BARS TURNED TO THE LEFT AND THE BIKE DUMPED ON ITS LEFT SIDE SPUN AROUND AND HIT THE PASSANGER REAR SIDE TIREAND THE FRONT END SHATTERED. THERES ABOUT 16000 IN DAMAGES AND I HAVE TH BIKE STILL.....LOOKIN TO SEE WHAT I CAN GET FOR IT CAUSE THE ENGINE ONLY HAS 1646 MILES ON IT AND IVE ONLY HAD THE BIKE FOR LIL OVER A MONTH AND DIDNT REALLY GET TO RIDE IT....ILL GET PICS AND EXACT PARTS OF WHAT IS MESSED UP ON IT....LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS....815-603-9172
Just a question, but during the day, do you ride with your high beam on?

Sounds like you are ok though, since you are here to post.

Also not certain if this is your first bike, but you may want to practice panic stops in a parking lot. Not really criticizing, but it sounds like locking up the rear was the cause of the bike to go sideways and lay down. I know...did the same thing on my little baby ninja way back when.

yea im actually fine....i have a fractured upper radial head on my elbow and thats it, no road rash, i wore my helmet and thats it...no scratches on it either i suggest taking a course in parachutting it teaches you how to fall at fast speeds in control....if i had my jacket on i would of walked away without a scratch...i rolled twice and landed on my feet and walked the rest of the momentum off..it was fun....
face7.gif

Just a question, but during the day, do you ride with your high beam on?

Sounds like you are ok though, since you are here to post.

Also not certain if this is your first bike, but you may want to practice panic stops in a parking lot.  Not really criticizing, but it sounds like locking up the rear was the cause of the bike to go sideways and lay down.  I know...did the same thing on my little baby ninja way back when.
yea well see what happened was is i was coming up to light with a pac of cars i was in the right lane and the lady that was in front of me decided to change her mind on the yellow light so she accelerated and then slammed on her brakes. well i was already way past the poin to of no return so i swerved to the left and went on the side of her and was gonna go threw the intersection well there was a car that decided to go that was turning left and i was doin 40-45 and i couldnt swerve so i locked it up and the bars locked to the left and just dumped cause the back end came up like i jack knifed and i rolled twice landed on my feet and the bike spun around and hit the passenger side rear tire and the front end got damaged bad

Send pictures and what you think you gota have for it.16000 thats the damage? Were you riding two bikes?

Damn...that sucks...

I'm glad you are okay though...shame about the LE though...
mad.gif

3000-4500 dollars.... depending on condition. Need to see pix.

Sorry to hear about your accident, and worse having to sell it for parts. Hopefully the insurance company will square you away with a new one.

Concerning the parts, how did your rims/tires fare the accident? I may be interested.

Glad you are alright... Relatively speaking. Good luck with the bike. Hope the insurance company takes care of you!

Okay, maybe I'm retarded, but how do you get $16,000 worth of damage to a bike that costs $11k at MOST to replace?

Thats because the sum of the 'replacement' parts is greater then the purchase price.
If you were to build one part by part it would cost about $23000.
How do you think Suzuki and EVERY other manufacturer make their money? Yup - replacement parts.

Back