transmision trouble /05 busa ltd

johnstein

Donating Member
Registered
having trouble with my 05 limited , warranty is friggen useless dont waste money on the extended warranty if somthing goes wrong they are going to blame it on you ! so i have my busa since april 21st and have put 5000 miles on it problem started at 3300 miles , 2nd gear problem , had it at dealer he tightened shifter bolt " total bs had my bike for 5 days !" he says ride it it will be no problem , it gets worse visit another dealer they rip bike down in5 hours and call me up they tell me everything is wasted worst tranny they have ever seen! wtf i pretty much baby the bike ? lots of highway miles lot of two up ridin? tire says it all 5000 miles center worn still have my chicken strips , they tell me i have been drag racing the bike and triing to do wheelies , bullshit i am still gettin used to the power and its only lifted on me 3 times and i let it come back down right away , im not the stunter ! so long story short they want to show me the parts tommorow , they say everything is chewed up no warranty ! 2120 dollars to fix parts are on back order from suzuki ,or we could undercut the gears i think he said but im still lookin at three weeks ?
rebuild tranny 2120 dollars , who knows when ill get it back
undercut/backcut? how much is this going to cost ? 3weeks
warranty not covering this ? why ? two up riding with soft bags could accelerate tire wear ? could have driving the bike with the problem made the tranny appear worse ? i havent even made the second payment on the bike yet ! please i need help / advise / guidance ?
one more ? is there a way to tell that these parts came from my bike , or atleast an 05 busa ? part numberschange year to year ?
thanks for your help in advance , john stein

sounds like frikkin BS...

Tell them that unless they can absolutely PROVE that it was your fault, you're going to be contacting Suzuki to let them know what a crappy dealership they're running out there.

Play a lil bit harder....let 'em know you mean business.
mad.gif

another thing...if they say you've been drag racing, then call the local drags and as them if tehy can be so kind as to provide you with the motorcycle registrations for the participants.

Shove it in their face and tell them to look for your bike. I'd like to see the look on their face when they can't find your bike.

Not only that, but also let them know that you have an attorney (and make sure you get one) and that you are going to take them to court for "breach of contract" and "false advertising". Also mention that you will be notifying Suzuki USA of pending litigation.

That's friggin BS if they're trying to lay the blame on you. Fuggin bastids...they're just trying to get outta this easy.
mad.gif

Yup. Same thing with me. Not the warranty part though. 2nd gear is slipping in and out of gear. As in when i go to accell in 2nd it will pop, or miss and jerk. Ive been told its the shift forks.
sad.gif
only 1800 miles logged

Sorry to hear about your tranny problems so soon.Sounds like the **stealer** is trying to brake you off a piece of their weenie.You might want to holla at a few of the builders here for their accurate opinions before heading back to the **stealer**.If no warranty I personally would have never let them tear it down not unless I was there to watch.

i have done three oil changes in the 5000 miles should i have seen metal in the oil ? i still have my used oil and filters poured it back into the quarts after i filled the engine ? does the engine and trans share oil?

I posted in your other thread about this in the tech section, but after hearing more from this thread from you I have to agree with PacificBusa...you need to lay down the law with these c##Ksuckers.

They are jacking you ,get on the damn phone and call more dealerships up and explain your problem someone may be willing to help...if not then you need to contact Suzuki and raise hell.

i have done three oil changes in the 5000 miles should i have seen metal in the oil ? i still have my used oil and filters  poured it back into the quarts after i filled the engine ? does the engine and trans share oil?
Yes the trans and engine share oil, a little metal dust is normal.

Damn, you saved your old oil? 3 changes in 5K? Bull crap man, Suzuki better straighten this out for you ASAP...never let up!!!

I had an 05 Zx-6.. I didnt listen to the mechanic when he told me not to ride it. I did a drag race with it and as soon as i hit 3rd (the gear that was slipping) it went BOOM and locked evferything up. Shame it had to come to that to get kawi to warranry it for a chipped tooth.

Yup. Same thing with me. Not the warranty part though. 2nd gear is slipping in and out of gear. As in when i go to accell in 2nd it will pop, or miss and jerk. Ive been told its the shift forks.
sad.gif
only 1800 miles logged
I had that same exact problem on an old 95 GSXR 1100WP back in 1997.1 day it locked up in 2nd gear and I couldn't get it to shift at all.Picture trying to ride home 12 miles in 2nd gear.I had the bike towed to a shop and was told some clip on the end of the shifting fork or gear shift had came off from shifting too hard and locked up in the tranny gears.Claims he had to split the cases,replace a few gears,etc....Cost me about $1200.00 and change back then.I paid him though and man did that bike shift better than new.I always wondered if I got ripped.

IF you were going to pay to get it fixed then at least let Motorhead from SH.org take care of it for you..it will be better than new.
I think he charges about $450 for an undercut transmission with a good core.

Contact him about your problem.

i have done three oil changes in the 5000 miles should i have seen metal in the oil ? i still have my used oil and filters  poured it back into the quarts after i filled the engine ? does the engine and trans share oil?
Yes the trans and engine share oil, a little metal dust is normal.

Damn, you saved your old oil? 3 changes in 5K?  Bull crap man, Suzuki better straighten this out for you ASAP...never let up!!!
yes under the advise of several board members , " if you are going to do your own maintance save your old parts and keep records " oil and filters parts ? no ? change oil on rainy days ! you can do no better maitance than changin oil ! changed the oil the night before it went to dealer !

No offense but are you positive you are shifting properly? Is this your first bike?

IF you were going to pay to get it fixed then at least let Motorhead from SH.org take care of it for you..it will be better than new.

he has transmissions in stock ? whats his location ? i am a member over there , i lurk, but have not posted ?

he has transmissions in stock ?  whats his location ?  i am a member over there , i lurk, but have not posted ?
I PMed him about your problem, he runs SH.org

yeah im sure im shifting right.. Its not slipping back into netrual (sometimes it does) maybe im just to hard on it.. I try as much as i can to use the cluch to shift.

Jonstein, Motorhead just contacted me and said hed charge you $1100 for the job, same day in and out.

Back