Trailer Size?

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Ok, supposing I wanted to haul 2 bikes (we'll use the Busa as the example). What is the best size? side by side or offset? Would rather have a smaller trailer (single axel) than a bigger one. V nose preferred. How much, and where? Have looked at a couple of places, but knowing if I need a 6x10, or 6x12, or 7x10, etc. would narrow it down. Want something to haul behind my pickup truck and the bigger it is the worse mileage I'll get.

Thanks!

For two bikes, 6x12 was perfect for us. Ask MPH200 how he likes it, I sold it earlier this year to him. My next one will be a 7x14 because I will want more room, not that I needed it.

post-6-89847-Stand_006.jpg

post-3-82966-Alabaster_Caverns_002.jpg

Last edited:
I started out looking for a 6'X12' or so but I ended up with an 8'X20'!:laugh:

post-6-50078-CIMG2987__Small_.jpg

post-6-51363-CIMG2996__Small_.jpg

post-6-51517-CIMG3012__Small_.jpg

7'x14' here, but believe it could be done with something as small as a 5'x10' (just not any room for anything else).

I would go at least 7 wide or youll be wanting to upgrade down the road. 8' is luxury on the inside but a little tight driving down the road. 8 is still worth it though imho.

So it would look like:

Width: Minimum 6ft, 7 better
Length: Minimum 10ft, bigger if you want to spend it.

That helps me alot thanks much!

When I'm ready I think I'm going to go with a 7X14, so I don't have to upgrade later.

another thing you need to consider is a 6X12 may be cheaper then a 6X10 since a 6X12 is a more common size but it depends on where you live like where i am all the trailers are imported there is no builders here so they are all spendier then east of here not to mention they will only carry popular sizes/

I'm in a debate also i've had 7X14, and 8X20 for the most part it will be just my bike and possibly one other but thats not certain there is a trailer that comes setup for one bike that is a 5X10 with the tie downs and wheel chock for 2600 all the others are over 3000 i just not sure ifi can justify the money yet since the only time i worry about enclosed is when it's winter and i would wana take my bike to a indoor bike show

another thing you need to consider is a 6X12 may be cheaper then a 6X10 since a 6X12 is a more common size but it depends on where you live like where i am all the trailers are imported there is no builders here so they are all spendier then east of here not to mention they will only carry popular sizes/

I'm in a debate also i've had 7X14, and 8X20 for the most part it will be just my bike and possibly one other but thats not certain there is a trailer that comes setup for one bike that is a 5X10 with the tie downs and wheel chock for 2600 all the others are over 3000 i just not sure ifi can justify the money yet since the only time i worry about enclosed is when it's winter and i would wana take my bike to a indoor bike show

I towed a 7'X14' before too and it was a nice size trailer that carried 3 busas and gear. The reason I went with the 8'X20' was to have the ability to haul a corvette or something if I wanted. :thumbsup:

I towed a 7'X14' before too and it was a nice size trailer that carried 3 busas and gear. The reason I went with the 8'X20' was to have the ability to haul a corvette or something if I wanted. :thumbsup:

:laugh:

That sure is a sweet trailer. :thumbsup:

r8

I now feel so inadequate..

r8

0015.jpg

Nuttin wrong with that trailer! All aluminum and all. I remember when you got that and if I remember right it was only used a couple of times, and you got a great price on it too. My trailer, or the hayabusa hospital as its called, has worked out great at the org functions, like the time several of us rebuilt MC MUSTANGS busa after his spill at the bash. Had it pretty much ready to ride before he got back from the Dr.:thumbsup:

MC_mustang_bessie_finished.jpg

7 x 10 or 7 x 12 looks perfect; first one's i've seen that size on the wells cargo link above...

Back