Trailer Interior Camera Monitor

ColdBusa

Take this Jerry, you silly little rodent
Donating Member
Registered
Hey guys,

I'm looking at making things a bit easier on myself when hauling the race bike around in the enclosed trailer. What I'm wanting to do is get a wireless camera that I could stream from the inside of the trailer to a monitor or a mobile device inside the cabin of the truck so that I don't have to repeatedly stop and go into the trailer to check on things while I'm travelling. Is anyone else currently doing this? Any recommendations on products that you may have used or others have used?

There are multiple units out there that will play nicely with your smartphone. Some of them will need a power supply for the cam (you could likely wire that interface into your towing vehicle's battery, or better if you have a house bank for the trailer. The other consideration will be amount of light inside the trailer. If that might be an issue, you can get low-light cams ($$) or wire up a lighting system ($) or just use a peel-n-stick self-powered closet light (Walmart <$20 for a couple of 'em). As @rubbersidedown would say, "I'm a cheap bastid!"

[EDIT] Bluetooth would be the way, but you might need to check distance to cab of towing vehicle + obstacle interference between bike in trailer & cab up front. Make sure Bluetooth range is sufficient to overcome.

Hope this helps

Hey guys,

I'm looking at making things a bit easier on myself when hauling the race bike around in the enclosed trailer. What I'm wanting to do is get a wireless camera that I could stream from the inside of the trailer to a monitor or a mobile device inside the cabin of the truck so that I don't have to repeatedly stop and go into the trailer to check on things while I'm travelling. Is anyone else currently doing this? Any recommendations on products that you may have used or others have used?
Hi. Just make sure it is tied down good. I go 1500 2000 miles and I never have to check on them. I only check if i feel like it 200000 + miles and never had trouble, I had the front tire blow on my tri axle trailer witch made the back 2 tires blow, it was a very rough ride because I was in Miami on 95 and could not pull right over. I did check that time and every bike was fine. I had 12 bikes in the trailer. I could only get 2 tires back on because the back studs were broken off. I had to move all the bikes around to take the weight off of the side with only 2 tires on. I drove back to Dartmouth Ma. I never checked again, all fine when I back to the shop.

I have a Kasa camera at home, Streams live to the internet and I have downloaded the app from AppStore so can keep an eye on things at home while I’m at work etc.
It’s powered by plugin to a wall socket but can be powered by 12v DC also.
Great camera, infra red too.
Cheap at 120 bucks!

these are pretty cool btw for places w/out AC ...
At Amazon
onite.png

You might look at a Furrion camera, usually intended for RV's, but blue tooth to a monitor in the cab of the truck. Wire the camera is just positive and negative, the monitor plugs in to a standard 12v cig lighter. Make you check the description, they have back up and observation cameras, some with night vision, some without.

Back