Enclosed Motorcycle Trailer?

Sgt Busa

Donating Member
Registered
Before I replace my Busa that was stolen last week, or get another high end motorcycle, I plan on getting an enclosed motorcycle trailer for it.

Just wondering what the good people of Hayabusa.org thought of them.

Also, should I buy new or used. I'm really not looking for the coolest or slickest trailer around. I just want something to keep my bike secure.

I love my enclosed trailer, but I don't use it for storage unless we are traveling. It is reasonably secure.

An enclosed trailer would be nice but do you have a garage? If not, I would seriously park the bike in the living room. I know a few friends that park their bikes in their houses.

Got a new 14' single axle V nose with a side door & ramp door from a dealer in Tallahassee last summer for 2150.00 + tax. Real nice trailer. Put a coat of varnish on the interior walls & some black indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor. As much as I like riding to bike week I sure felt better about the bike being locked up in the trailer at night. If your interested I'll hunt up the dealers info.

Don't use the trailer for regular storage. All someone has to do is steal the trailer and the bike goes with it.

Got a new 14' single axle V nose with a side door & ramp door from a dealer in Tallahassee last summer for 2150.00 + tax. Real nice trailer. Put a coat of varnish on the interior walls & some black indoor/outdoor carpet on the floor. As much as I like riding to bike week I sure felt better about the bike being locked up in the trailer at night. If your interested I'll hunt up the dealers info.
That's a really good price... I would say it depends on how much your willing to spend, factored against how often you'll use it! I opt'd for the used trailer, got less than 1k in her....
Not much to look at but that's the idea!

My trailer has a little bling, but actually a non-bling trailer will attract less attention.

If you think there may be a chance you will haul more than one bike at a time, get a 7' wide trailer. Get good drive-in chocks also. They are a bit pricey, but worth their weight in gold. If you are going to use it for storage you can pull into them without tying down.

That sounds like a great deal. Could you post up the info.

An enclosed trailer would be nice but do you have a garage?  If not, I would seriously park the bike in the living room.  I know a few friends that park their bikes in their houses.
They have garages you can rent in my apartment complex but it cost $100 a month. Plus they are not that big.

As far as parking in the living room that's not an option. First I live on the second floor, second my complex does not allow gasoline powered anything to be stored in the apartment.

If you get an inclosed trailer have someone with no skills paint Darrel & Darrel lawn mowing and trash hauling and make sure you misspell at lease two words ...
smile.gif

If you think there may be a chance you will haul more than one bike at a time, get a 7' wide trailer. Get good drive-in chocks also. They are a bit pricey, but worth their weight in gold. If you are going to use it for storage you can pull into them without tying down.
I understand that there's more room, but could you reasonably carry two bikes in a 6' wide trailer?  You might have to stagger them a bit.

I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer, so I can use all the advice I can get.

EDIT: Just for clarification: The trailer would be used primarily for a single track bike, but would also be used to haul around two full dress baggers once or twice a year.

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: "as stated above..."|1121838632 -->

I understand that there's more room, but could you reasonably carry two bikes in a 6' wide trailer?  You might have to stagger them a bit.

I'm in the market for an enclosed trailer, so I can use all the advice I can get.

EDIT:  Just for clarification: The trailer would be used primarily for a single track bike, but would also be used to haul around two full dress baggers once or twice a year.
You can stagger them and easily fit two in a 6 footer, but that extra foot makes the difference between barely fitting and fitting with a little breathing room.. Either bike can easily be removed without disturbing the other. It is a bit more difficult to tow, but I just got back from a trip around the southeast with mine through the mountains and was very happy with it. Had two bikes, all my gear, tools, spare tire and even my coolers/luggage in it.

EDIT:  Just for clarification: The trailer would be used primarily for a single track bike, but would also be used to haul around two full dress baggers once or twice a year.
You can stagger them and easily fit two in a 6 footer, but that extra foot makes the difference between barely fitting and fitting with a little breathing room.. Either bike can easily be removed without disturbing the other. It is a bit more difficult to tow, but I just got back from a trip around the southeast with mine through the mountains and was very happy with it. Had two bikes, all my gear, tools, spare tire and even my coolers/luggage in it.
Thanks...that's what I was looking for
cool.gif

Thanks...that's what I was looking for
cool.gif
Mine is 7' and I can't imagine trying to get two baggers in a 6' enclosed trailer. It is tight with my 7'. It would be possible with a 6x10, but like bronc said, get a 7'. I have a 7x12 v-nose (about 15.5' if you count the v-nose. It will easily fit two baggers staggered. It is tight, but I can fit 2 side-by-side with a 3rd in the front. 6' wide works decent for an open trailer, however.

Get at least 13" tires E rated. The tires on the side of the trailer ride better and the trailer is lower. A torsion axle rides better than springs. That is if your going to trailer and not just use it for storage. Check out the flooring and frame it comes with. 3/4" marine plywood? This will be important when you go to tie it down and your flying down the interstate with the 10" subs pounding.
smile.gif

Back