TRAGEDY

RidersNation

Stud Muffin
Donating Member
Registered
I received this mail last night...

The town of Huntsville, Prostar, The Kizer Family, Dana Gaylord, and the Cara family are living in silence and hope that all of our friends that we have met through Prostar can take a few minutes to join us while our world has stopped.

Most of you know Tammi Perry as the most visible and friendly Prostar staff member. She usually greets you with a welcoming and cheerful smile as she hands you your racer registration, or a ticket stub to enter the gate. Some may even had a chance to meet her beautiful daughter Savannah, the stunning blond, teen model who sometimes helps at the gate, with her mother keeping close guard!

This evening, Savannah Perry was taken from this world in a sudden and devastating vehicle accident just a short distance from her home and Prostar headquarters, in Huntsville Alabama.

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

She was our North, our South, our East and West,
Our working week and our Sunday rest,
Our noon, our midnight, our talk, our song;
I thought that love would last for ever; I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood,
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

More From The Huntsville Times
Buckhorn senior dies in car-SUV collision
Saturday, August 14, 2004
By WENDY REEVES
Times Staff Writer wendyr@htimes.com
Friends of victim, Savannah Perry, 17, gather for support

A Buckhorn High School senior died in a two-vehicle traffic crash on Winchester Road Friday night.

Alabama State Troopers said Savannah Perry, 17, of New Market, died at the scene of the accident in front of the Food Valu grocery store, 1762 Winchester Road. She was turning into the store parking lot when her car was rammed by a black sport utility vehicle about 7 p.m.

The driver of the SUV, Don Walker, 28, also of New Market, was injured, troopers said. He was taken by HEMSI to Huntsville Hospital, but his injuries were not life-threatening, said Don Webster of HEMSI.

There were no passengers in either vehicle. The wreck is under investigation.

Volunteers with the Moores Mill Volunteer Fire Department and HEMSI paramedics rushed to the crash site in front of the store.

As the news quickly spread through the community, sobbing teenagers arrived and hugged each other in the parking lot. Others stood by silently.

Vehicles lined up along a grassy field next to the grocery store, and some rode through the field to park closer to the store's parking lot as wreckers prepared to removed the damaged vehicles.

Friends of the victims and others at the scene immediately expressed concern for the victims and their families.

Loo-Id Phillips was inside the Food Valu grocery store when she heard the loud boom that startled her. Like many others in the store, she went outside.

"It is so upsetting," she said. "It was eight years ago that I lost my son, and this is very sad."

Her son wasn't killed in a car crash, but she said still understands the pain the young girl's family is feeling.

"I don't even want to drive home," said Phillips, who decided to wait until law enforcement officials cleaned up the crash site and traffic had calmed down some.

At least two witnesses to the crash said they were told by law enforcement not to talk to reporters about what they saw.

"I just can't imagine what her parents are going through, I feel so bad for her family," said one teenage girl who witnessed the crash. "This is just awful."

sad.gif

Back