Trading in my car even tho i'm "upside down" on it with no $ down??

It doesn't hurt to try a couple of dealers, one may say no, while the other may say yes!

The worst part is have the extra load of your old car still on your shoulders!

In essence, your still going to be paying for something that you dont have anymore.

agree with the refi comment, look into that, you might be surprised. The other thing is consider saving some $$ and buying something at an auction. there are lots of them around, many have trucks that you can pick up super cheap (state auctions for example) or others that just need a little work to make them perfect again (generally cosmetics). if you are however looking for a top of the line truck as the replacement, you will probably just need to close the gap on the 3800 a bit.

good luck, the other suggestion would be to find a large dealer that turns a lot of cars. They might be able to barter your deal into some of the others they are selling to a bank.

i tried goin to our area's biggest ford dealer. They told me verbatim "it is not our policy to tell you what we'll pay you for your car" so i, in no uncertain terms told them to f*ck off
Posted via Mobile Device

i tried goin to our area's biggest ford dealer. They told me verbatim "it is not our policy to tell you what we'll pay you for your car" so i, in no uncertain terms told them to f*ck off
Posted via Mobile Device

carmax is the only place i know off that'll buy a car straight up.

dealers can buy cars all day from the auction, so why would they wanna buy your car, UNLESS you're buying one of their.....

they are in the business to make $.

go to a different area... find the next larger city/dealer ??? good luck either way sounds like a good bit of research and finding the right deal will help you pull it off :beerchug:

i'm not even gonna get into this with u Heather. I don't wanna get banned. So that bein said, p*ss off if you're gonna come in just to make smart ass comments. Your facebook issues shoulda been left there. All I did was ask you a question over there & you chose to escalate it. Don't bring your crap into my thread. Same goes for the dude makin fun of me for choosing a chrysler sebring!
Posted via Mobile Device

:rofl::poke::rofl:

Standard rule on a car that is more than 10k is that they will pay you 3k less than NADA trade in value is. (they want about a 4-5k window to be able to resell the car)

And you did the right then, if have to tell you what they will give you for your car.
(they dont want to because they wanna see how much they will F you over on your buy)
If they are only making 2000 dollars on the car they are selling you, they will try to make up the difference in your trade in. (4k is their magic number)

Standard rule on a car that is more than 10k is that they will pay you 3k less than NADA trade in value is. (they want about a 4-5k window to be able to resell the car)

And you did the right then, if have to tell you what they will give you for your car.
(they dont want to because they wanna see how much they will F you over on your buy)
If they are only making 2000 dollars on the car they are selling you, they will try to make up the difference in your trade in. (4k is their magic number)

are you in the car business?

what's that?

Long story... google is your friend. Ever sign a binding contract thinking that you where given all the information pertaining to the conditions, only to receive additional conditions weeks later in the mail, possible putting you in dishonor? Would you have engaged in the contract if you had been given the full details of the binding conditions? It pertains to this area of commerce contract law. Uniform Commercial Code. Thats all

If your car is still in good shape, I say keep it until you can get rid of it without hurting yourself. You will be better off in the long run. Doesn't hurt to look around though. Just don't stress about it.

these new vehicles have way to much plastic in the engine bay, too much electronics, aluminum oil pans with STEEL plugs, pain in the :moon: to work on, special tool this and that. Get an older truck with a carb or the old style single injector system, with 1 friggin coil, reasonably accessible spark plugs, and replacement parts that don't have to be bought from the dealership. $800 for all the coil packs is BS. Loose gas cap tripping the dummy light, BS.
PS don't tell obama but...Building new cars pollutes more than maintaining and running your "clunker". If car/ truck companies improved mpg by 1 mpg a year....a new car/truck would be a great idea. Why take the the immediate loss by being the first one to drive it off the dealer site. A car/truck with 50000 miles usually has the kinks worked out. I have never owned a new vehicle that didn't suffer from a factory defect of one sort or another or many. Why spend your time being the beta tester. Sorry I'm ranting. Just think long and hard about it. Rolling old car into new loan + value lost when you take possession of it and drive it off the lot = you screwing yourself.

Often true, but ignores new car warranties, Paid Service, Modern safety and performance, on and on. There's a definite nugget of reality in your post, but the old wisdom doesn't always hold up in today's car buying market.

Back