Trading in my car even tho i'm "upside down" on it with no $ down??

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
Can it be done? I'm upside down on my 2006 Chrysler Sebring sedan. I don't have much of any $$ to put down but i'm desparate for a truck, preferrably an F150. Desparate because I just can't stand drivin the car. It makes me feel sooooo far from "myself" if that makes any sense. Most people don't get it but oh well.

My basic question is, can it be done? I've had a few salesmen email me & say "yes, by all means, come in and we can help u" yet I went to a HUGE ford dealer in the area & he told me flatout "with only $1,000 down, theres nothing we can do for you" wouldn't even tell me how much they were givin me for my car
Posted via Mobile Device

re: Trading in my car even tho i'm "upside down" on it with no $ down??

Yes, it can be done; essentially - the amount under the car you have will be added to the purchase price of the car you want. The dealership will document it in a way so that the vehicle is still in the range of financing for your institution. My thinking is that if a dealer told you that, in today's economy - well, they just don't want your business...

You can lookup dealer trade in value (blackbook) to get a better idea about it.

Yes, it can be done; essentially - the amount under the car you have will be added to the purchase price of the car you want. The dealership will document it in a way so that the vehicle is still in the range of financing for your institution. My thinking is that if a dealer told you that, in today's economy - well, they just don't want your business...

All depends on his credit rating and income...you need gold ball credit to swing a deal like that.

It looks like i'm stuck with it then......I don't have ****ty credit but its not good either
Posted via Mobile Device

Thought you were going for a white gold mercedes :laugh:

If it wasn't for the damn sunfire sh*ttin the bed back in 06 I'd be sittin pretty in a damn nice F150 Lariat! cursed GM rollerskates
Posted via Mobile Device

:laugh: That's Government Motors :laugh:

Its going to depend on your credit score.

Credit score means everything high enuff score they will figure away to do it
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the same situation here with our Denali, I owe way more than its worth because I was an idiot and didnt buy it right to start with. I have been to two dealers in the last year with it and they wont touch it, and I have great credit. Without huge amounts of cash to close the gap, you may be stuck. I know I am. Good luck bro, and keep in mind, the more times they check your credit score, the lower it will be. I am not sure how it works, but the more times your credit is checked, you get dinged.

I drive a ragged 92 chev truck with 225000 miles on it and my wife had to start driving my z71 when she lost her job. It has 255000 miles on it. Won't even consider buying a new one so as not to get deeper in debt. So far I still got the Busa. I can understand you wanting a truck over a car though. I'd rather drive my busted azz truck than a brand new car, Seriously.

I drive a ragged 92 chev truck with 225000 miles on it and my wife had to start driving my z71 when she lost her job. It has 255000 miles on it. Won't even consider buying a new one so as not to get deeper in debt. So far I still got the Busa. I can understand you wanting a truck over a car though. I'd rather drive my busted azz truck than a brand new car, Seriously.

:thumbsup: America needs to embrace frugality to shed many of its problems.

these new vehicles have way to much plastic in the engine bay, too much electronics, aluminum oil pans with STEEL plugs, pain in the :moon: to work on, special tool this and that. Get an older truck with a carb or the old style single injector system, with 1 friggin coil, reasonably accessible spark plugs, and replacement parts that don't have to be bought from the dealership. $800 for all the coil packs is BS. Loose gas cap tripping the dummy light, BS.
PS don't tell obama but...Building new cars pollutes more than maintaining and running your "clunker". If car/ truck companies improved mpg by 1 mpg a year....a new car/truck would be a great idea. Why take the the immediate loss by being the first one to drive it off the dealer site. A car/truck with 50000 miles usually has the kinks worked out. I have never owned a new vehicle that didn't suffer from a factory defect of one sort or another or many. Why spend your time being the beta tester. Sorry I'm ranting. Just think long and hard about it. Rolling old car into new loan + value lost when you take possession of it and drive it off the lot = you screwing yourself.

my 2006 Chrysler Sebring sedan.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sorry bro, couldnt help it...:rofl::rofl:

hehe just for kicks if you do get approved for the loan add this before your signature
Agent_All_Rights_Reserved_(Without_Prejudice)_UCC_1_308 <YOUR SIGNATURE>
Enjoy your rights! :beerchug:

hehe just for kicks if you do get approved for the loan add this before your signature
Agent_All_Rights_Reserved_(Without_Prejudice)_UCC_1_308 <YOUR SIGNATURE>
Enjoy your rights! :beerchug:

what's that?

it really depends on how much the car you are trying to buy is worth.
example---- buying a truck for 20k... if youre upside down on your car for 5k...
they will finance you for 25k... if the nada value on the truck is less than 25k, the bank wont do it.

A bank wont finance anything more than something is worth.

You will get screwed by a dealer weather you are upside down or inside out.
I own my 2006 Toyota tacoma.... It has low milage and every option you can get on an 06.
I've been truck shopping and have had no trade in offer higher than $11000
it books from $16000 up and mines in flawless condition if I trade it I could go back
in a week and see it up for sale for $19000 on the dealer lot!!
I hate the car game!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back