trade the 2006 1000 4 a 2008 or 9 busa

nbusa

Registered
in 2006 i bought a gsxr1000 in place of my busa.have not been on this site alot since then though i do miss it,nice people.i have always missed the torque of that busa.when i first got on that 1000 i thought it was slow,it just didnt have that arm stretchin torque.but now i guess i am used to it and love it in the turns but still miss busa torque.do u think if i go with a 08 or 09 busa i will miss that 1000?i only ride on the street so will i notice a big difference in handling if i switch?i really cant recall complaining about the way it handled.my friends did all the complaining for me i did none.

i had a 06 gixxer too and i like it but the seating position was not for me and just did not enjoy it as much as my 05 busa and now 08 busa.
since there is no changes for 09 busa except colors, see if you can find a good deal on 08 if not might as well get you 09.

here is a pic of my 06 gixxer

S4010021 - Copy.jpg

S4010021 - Copy.jpg

The Gen II Busa is feels much better in the corners to me. It will obviously require a bit more to toss it around, but a 190/55 will help reduce the effort.

Love the handling of the GSXR but it was all about comfort when I grabbed the Busa. I couldn't feel the difference in handling cause guardrails hurt, so I don't knee drag in the streets:laugh: If its about comfort check your 08 09 Busa, if its power also check your 09 GSXR1000 they seem to be bragging about the new improvements quite a bit.:thumbsup: it's a win win situation in Suzuki

i ride alot with my girlfriend and i know its more comfortable 4 both of us on my 07 busa vs. a gsxr1k.
i'm sure the 1k is great. i've never rode one

You thought the 1K is slow??!! :rofl::rofl::poke:

You must not be riding it hard enough. Get it in the mid range and top end and she's A FREAKIN BEAST! Yes, I've owned an 05 Busa and I own an 06 1K with mild bolt on mods, but awesome shock (Elka) and decent race tech valving/respringing (I'm upgrading to GP suspension race internals and springs this winter). She's set up for trackdays and superstock competition.

Both bikes with the same mods: 1K all the way. Low end torque=Busa wins. Mid-range and lower top-end=Gixxer. Absolute top end; equal or Busa by 1/2 an inch. However, I have yet to see a Busa overtake me on the straights on a roadcourse. Charlesbusa was pretty darn close though (he's lighter than me by 40 to 50 lbs though, so any weight advantage I had becomes null). When following him on a long 3700 ft straight at MMP, I could only stay in his draft and not pass him. I could only get him on the brakes just because that's what the smaller bikes do best.

If you really could afford it, keep the 1K AND get a new Busa. You'll have the best of both worlds.

liter bikes or even race replicas are pretty much wasted on the street.

slow? I have no problem dealing with hyperbikes with my tiny little liter bike.

You thought the 1K is slow??!! :rofl::rofl::poke:

You must not be riding it hard enough. Get it in the mid range and top end and she's A FREAKIN BEAST! Yes, I've owned an 05 Busa and I own an 06 1K with mild bolt on mods, but awesome shock (Elka) and decent race tech valving/respringing (I'm upgrading to GP suspension race internals and springs this winter). She's set up for trackdays and superstock competition.

Both bikes with the same mods: 1K all the way. Low end torque=Busa wins. Mid-range and lower top-end=Gixxer. Absolute top end; equal or Busa by 1/2 an inch. However, I have yet to see a Busa overtake me on the straights on a roadcourse. Charlesbusa was pretty darn close though (he's lighter than me by 40 to 50 lbs though, so any weight advantage I had becomes null). When following him on a long 3700 ft straight at MMP, I could only stay in his draft and not pass him. I could only get him on the brakes just because that's what the smaller bikes do best.

If you really could afford it, keep the 1K AND get a new Busa. You'll have the best of both worlds.

didnt mean it was slow just feels like it compared to the torque of the busa.i know what ur sayin about keepin the revs up to get in the power band.im not used to keepin on the boil, busa spoiled me i guess .thanx

For general purpose riding, the Busa has far more substance and is far more versatile and comfy - even works pretty well on racing surfaces. Two up riding, touring, Busa Bashes, curb (and stop light) appeal, the chicks dig it, no comparison - did I mention its a decent track bike too?
It is not just another 'crotch rocket'!
Get the Busa.

For serious track work, I'd take the Jix in a hearbeat... but prolonged type street riding on any of the GSXRs is like sitting on a saw horse with an inline 4 bolted to it.

Just my $.02

Last edited:
I own both if that helps answer your ? Love the 1k for the twisties and the busa for the raw power and comfort. My 02 1k at the north course with a good busa rider.....well we were side by side and none of us could get in front of eash other unless we draft passed each other! Handling wise the 1k is the bomb!

Back