GSXR 1000 or 1300???

Well maybe I am thinking my Busa.....
biggrin.gif

Well look at it this way folks, If we've got real competition, I am just glad its still a Zook!

In the real world it all comes down to the rider, and the conditions. I am willing to bet there are a good number of 600cc riders with mad skills that could bury a busa all day if the Busa pilot is merely adequate.

I have a friend who has a Busa and a 03' 1000, both em lowered and strapped stock motor. The gixxer wins every time. Same rider. You can take all the heavy stuff off a Busa, put on light wheels, etc and it still won't be lighter than a bone stock 1000. I own a Busa and wouldn't say this if I hadn't seen it. It's tough to swallow, but alot of the guys that have been racing busa's are changing to a 1000. For the all round rideablity and comfort , I wouldn't trade the Bus for anything and as big as I am, I wouldn't want a 1000. But I'm just facing the facts. I saw a guy run a 5.88 with a 1000 on stock motor. Granted it was lowered and extended, but damn!! On motor!!

You don't go fishing in a tuxedo, and you don't wear waders to a wedding. Two different bikes for two different riding styles. Given riders of equal weight and skill I think its gonna be hard pressed to call a winner on any given day up to 175mph. Beyond that ...well thats BUSA TERRITORY!

But hey how often you gonna hit those speeds on your daily commute???

Decide whether or not comfort, power, and being able to honestly say you have the fastest production motorcycle in the world is what you want. If so buy a BUSA!

OR if you want to say you got the the fastest corner carving machine ever to leave japan, and ONE OF the fastest bikes in the world, even though it aint that comfy buy the 1000..

Bottom line you gotta ride the bike that calls to your spirit and meets your needs whether its a BUSA or a KTM.

Remember its not what you, but that you ride ...thats my $.02, now keep the shiney side up
smile.gif

You don't go fishing in a tuxedo, and you don't wear waders to a wedding. Two different bikes for two different riding styles. Given riders of equal weight and skill I think its gonna be hard pressed to call a winner on any given day up to 175mph. Beyond that ...well thats BUSA TERRITORY!

Decide whether or not comfort, power, and being able to honestly say you have the fastest production motorcycle in the world is what you want. If so buy a BUSA!

OR if you want to say you got the the fastest corner carving machine ever to leave japan, and ONE OF the fastest bikes in the world, even though it aint that comfy buy the 1000..

Bottom line you gotta ride the bike that calls to your spirit and meets your needs whether its a BUSA or a KTM.

Remember its not what you, but that you ride ...thats my $.02, now keep the shiney side up
smile.gif
That was actually .03 cents worth.
biggrin.gif
You hit the point.

Bottom line you gotta ride the bike that calls to your spirit and meets your needs whether its a BUSA or a KTM[/QUOTE]

Dezzy, that was one of the best replies I have read to date. You hit the fu&%ing nail on the head!!

Honestly, Suzuki updates the GSXR1000 each year lately since it is their Superbike, but the poor Busa remains the same... if Suzuki doen't update the Busa in the next year or so, there will be no question whatsoever which is fastest...

I think the busa and the gixxer are gonna have some company in the quarter from little brother, a modded 04 gsxr 750 gonna be badd a55! 140 at the wheel, 340 lbs, and a 15500 red line may pack a punch?

Dezzy nice reply man... 4real!

All in all I was very disappointed at the motorshow, and sorry couldnt get u guys pix but went again with no cam. Busa display was very very poor. It was an international motorshow and all the companies where showing their best. Unfortunately Suzuki had the Gixxer on the spot light; raised up and lookin neat, while the busa back in the corner not even shined up properly. Fucked up, only reason I went to the freackn show was to see what they had for the Busa. very disappointed, but it makes no difference to me. Can't wait til i get my BUS...

just for the record, a 04 busa in the UAE-Dubai goes for $12,350 US Dollars. Insurance here is third party only for bikes... and warranty is for 600km or 6 moths, whichever dies out first...

ahhhh guyzz.... i have only one thing to say about this: the Busa's a mean machine... The 1K is a superb sports bike... i prefer the MEAN machine
wink.gif
EVEN if the 1K runs faster.

It all seems pretty mute considering they are all restricted. The restrictors can come in at different points and with tolerances the way they are. I have seen 2 identical bikes one could whip the others azz even if the riders switched. Either bike is a good choice I bought ny Busa because it was not only fast but comfortable. I look like a monkey fudgin a football on a 1000. LOL but I loved those wheelies and the way it cornered.

Back