GSXR 1000 or 1300???

neoBusa

Registered
Guys today I was at the International Motorshow in the UAE, Dubai, well amazing i must say... Be it the Cars, ladies and most importantly the bikes. They had the Black '04 Busa on display and it looked pretty sexy, but still I prefer the '99 bronze/silver color or the 40th anniversary busa orange color most.

Anyways at the suzuki stand I asked the dealer for info about the busa and the GSXR 1000, he said that the 1000 is quicker than the Busa. from 0-100 the gsxr1000 hits it in less than 2 seconds... Could it be he doesn't know what he is talking about. The gsxr1000 was also more expensive. Iwas really surpised. Could anyone confirm this piece of info?

ps. the YZF-R1 yamaha looked pretty goo das well. Black busa was too dark for display, they shoulda put out a lighter color, like the blue/silver. (no offence to black bus owners, its just a display consideration).

i thought they hit 60 at just over 2 seconds and 100 around 4 seconds

100kmh is 60 mph

<!--EDIT|atticdog
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071269919 -->

I think the time quoted by the sales guy was without a rider ;)
The 1000 might be = or slightly quicker up to the 100 mark then the BUSA just keeps giving consistantly. Or so I've read. They are different, yet KILLER, beasts. The 1000 can carve up a track, the Busa and glide into mach speed, powerfully, comfortably, safely due to it's bulk. Also hauls passenger weight like they aren't even on there.

The suzuki dude also said that the busa goes 340 while 1000 goes 380. somethin seems really wrong here... I kept asking him again and again thinking maybe he made a mistake but he seemed true to his word... dunno man

still, if you wanna cruise top end, Busa is it. Do you wanna be peaking 186 on a 370lbs bike or a 490 lbs bike?
If you like quick track-nimble twisties the 1000 is it.

WWJD what ur saying is tru man... and surely I would go for the busa, but my question is which is faster and why would the 1000 be more expensive and how could it have a quicker 100 mark... Always thought the busa was the fastest of all in mark and long run speed...

If the Gixxer was more expensive he's putting the screws to you, it retails for $400 less than the Busa.  As for the 1000 being quicker to 100 MPH, maybe if you have a really good rider on the 1000 and an average one on the Busa.  What I am saying is that it is much easier to grip it and rip it on the Busa than the 1000.  It likes to loft its front a whole lot more than the Busa.

If we're going to go bench racing the first thing you need to do is go buy and flip to the back of a Motorcyclist magazine...
They have the "hard numbers."

GSXR1000  152HP 78ftlbs  1/4 mile 10.08@142.11   60-80 Roll on 2.63s  Wet weight 440
GSX1300R  156HP 99ftlbs  1/4 mile 9.88 @ 143.88   60-80 Roll on 2.70s  Wet weight 550

So really it comes down to the rider.  In the Top Gear Roll ons the 100 less pounds on the 1000 makes itself known, but the Busa motor is still king, keeping 110 extra pounds within just 7/100ths.  

So my theory is that in the real world with real riders the extra 3" of wheel base and the extra weight keeping the front end on the ground  the Busa rider should hold an advantage, not a big one but some nonetheless.

Oh and nothing this side of a carrier launched F-18 accelerates to 100(MPH) in under 2 seconds.  At least not until your talking turbos, racing tires, wheelie bars.  If you are talking 100KPH (62MPH) which is possible, your still right around 2 seconds in the real world.  100MPH is right around 6-6.5 seconds.

I would seriously recommend you get yourself informed before you buy anything, hit the books, the web, Magazines and this site, learn all you can so you can laugh when some dickweed starts sharing his ignorance.  Otherwise folks will keep selling you snake oil.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071271591 -->

Yeah that sales guy is jacking you, they are two different beasts but they perform pretty similar on acceleration. I would imagine the Busa is a little nicer on day to day riding, more comfortable but the Gixxer is a better sporting machine. Depends on which you like better and what type of riding you are doing.

And when the salesman said the 1000 has a higher top speed than the Busa he is dead wrong, I think the 1000 will top out over 175 mph but the Busa is still the top speed king.

Just replaced my 02 Busa with a 03 1K.  It is quicker but does not handle like the Busa above 150mph.  Did some roll-ons with some of the same bikes from before and the results are about the same...my bike wins (other than the big bore ZX12)!!  I could launch the Busa harder but the weight of the 1k is a big bonus once out of 1st.  Busa is more comfy but the 1K wheelies much easier.  Love both bikes...just depends on what you want out of a bike.
I am waiting on my undertail before I post some pics...should be next week. Everything else is on the bike and looks and runs great!!

<!--EDIT|blas32
Reason for Edit: None given...|1071273241 -->

Dealers and bullshit always go hand-in-hand.
laugh.gif

Dealers and bullshit always go hand-in-hand.
laugh.gif
as an x snake oil salesmen let me tell you
HE IS FULL OF SH!T
laugh.gif

the dude saw u were asking questions and u showed intrest in the 1K
so he told you what u wanted to hear
hoping u buy the bike there and he makes a sale

or at least get you so riled up that you come see him later and buy

or maybe even he didnt know crap and he just wanted to seem like he does

after all they are salesmen out there that do that
B.S.

laugh.gif

The 1000 is quicker due to power to weight ratio, but after 100 mph, the Busa pulls up to the 1000 due to displacement. On the strip weight is major. But from what I've experienced they are so close, it's hard to tell.

I remember one of the bike mags back in 2000 showed 0-60mph in 2.2, 0-100 in just over 6 seconds and 0-150 in 9.8. They showed the 1/4 at 9.82@ 153 mph. I believe that a British mag. had a Busa 0-150mph, and back to 0, in 15 seconds. In the real world I know that the 1000, equally piped and mapped as my Busa is, do keep up with me almost dead even up to the 180+ range, then they run outta poop in the high 180's and the Busa seems to keep going and going. But one difference is that all 4 or so of the guys I have run against weigh 140-180 and I am a 225 pounder, so it seems to me if we were equal weights the Busa would pull them slightly. I rarely do any true topend runs, so I finally did change one tooth on the front sprocket so now it will pull them slightly in the below 150 range and still outrun them top end anyway. So- to that salesman I say Baaah,Humbug! Or simply Bullshit, if you prefer. Even raceteched,though, my Busa will not keep up through the twisties with the Gixxer. Some of it is me, especially since one guy I try to run against races professionally, but it would take major alterations to make the Busa truly competitive against them when they have a rider that knows how to handle one. Finally, I am on the street 99% of the time and my bike is far more comfortable than theirs especially with the Gen-mar riser and the 750 pegs, which lower my feet about 2 inches. It is by far the most comfortable and stable bike I have ever had, and I have owned dozens over the last 30 years. I would like to see Suzuki give it a freshening,however, and maybe add 15 or 20 more HP and torque just to make it ultra dominant against the new liter bikes while keeping it's sublime ride.

With equal riders on both bikes the BUSA is TOP DOG period!

From a DEAD STOP through the 1/4 mile and then on to TOP SPEED the BUSA is KING!

Role-ons, twisties, etc. is another storey. When it comes to out right SPEED the BUSA is your machine!
biggrin.gif

Josh
cool.gif

one of the british mags I just got (bike?) has a head to head...busa wins at strip, gixxer wins on track, generally feel the busa is easier to ride fast on the street...more stable, etc. If anyone cares I'll scan and post...let me know.

The 1000 is quicker due to power to weight ratio, but after 100 mph, the Busa pulls up to the 1000  due to displacement.  On the strip weight is major. But from what I've experienced they are so close, it's hard to tell.
Actually not truwe the Busa is quicker because it is a litlle heavier. the 1000 is up in the air more. Again rider not the bike.

Back