traction issues

thecrackhead

Registered
well ever since the bike has been stretched out it will just not hook up period. now i know with it being stretched that becomes an issue but I have a 200 shinko on the back and that doesnt help. I also have it at stock height on the lowering link, dont know if thats a factor or not

yeah did that already lol
all_coholic.gif

thats all i have done, stock sprockets, i have a tre but that shouldnt be affecting it. i dont even have a power commander. only power mod is a full micron

I've got the same set up, tre, yosh slip ons, all stock, and only 4 inches over with no problems.

Maybe you went out to far? Do you have this problem at other lengths?

well its a set 14 so i cant adjust. ive seen alot of guys runnin same setup at the track and hooking so im not sure what the deal is

(thecrackhead @ Apr. 11 2007,20:12) well its a set 14 so i cant adjust.  ive seen alot of guys runnin same setup at the track and hooking so im not sure what the deal is
At the track you can do a long burnout and get the tire good and sticky - plus all the rubber already laid down on the track helps.

The street is a different story (sorry that's probably not much help).

yeah i know the track is stickier but damn on the street this thing spins to about 100, it looks sweet but doesnt get me anywhere, im inclined to think its something suspension wise.

It's simple.... not enough weight on the rear tire. The street isn't as sticky as the drag strip so you will do nothing but spin.

because i got the arm for the price of extensions so im runnin it lol.  i know i dont need that much but whatever
i havent been back to the strip since the arm so i have no clue what it will do there

(jjmetheny @ Apr. 12 2007,16:45) You have a stock bike with stock gearing and a 14" stretch? Can I ask why?
Exactly...14" stretch!?!? Little overkill in my book but I'm assuming you liked the stretched look and got a deal on it - now you know why. If it doesn't work then it's worthless. Facts is facts...live and learn. Wish I could be of more help, but it's hard to compensate for 14" on the street.
crazy.gif
Okay that didn't sound good.

Would like to see some pics of that blue myself?

With your bike sitting at the stock height all the weight is being pushed toward the front and away from the rear tire. Lower the rear a couple inches.

With a 14" stretch you will still have traction issues, but it won't be as bad.

Back