To lower the front or not?

Dark3

Registered
Im about to stretch about 7 or 8 inches. Still havent decided what i want to do with the ride height. I already have a spencer stand and lowering links but dont have a top clamp yet. If you were me would you just lower the back mayble 2 inches and leave the front alone or go HAM and lower the front (3/4 above) as well. I know there are a hundred threads on top clamps but things are always changing ie...brocks claims theirs is redesigned to fix the know issues. What are you guys using. Im down to support the support and know about the ones at ball z but not exactly my style although i wouldnt mind chrom but more in a race style. Btw its a street machine and not a huge twisties guy

Im about to stretch about 7 or 8 inches. Still havent decided what i want to do with the ride height. I already have a spencer stand and lowering links but dont have a top clamp yet. If you were me would you just lower the back mayble 2 inches and leave the front alone or go HAM and lower the front (3/4 above) as well. I know there are a hundred threads on top clamps but things are always changing ie...brocks claims theirs is redesigned to fix the know issues. What are you guys using. Im down to support the support and know about the ones at ball z but not exactly my style although i wouldnt mind chrom but more in a race style. Btw its a street machine and not a huge twisties guy

I used a Brocks top tree in the front and Soupy's adjustable links in the rear for the results you're inquiring about(give or take a bit,didn't measure stock heights before I lowered).Definitely wouldn't go any lower for a street ridden bike,I've already mashed one of my header tubes(Brocks Short Meg full system)about a 1/2" on a damned speed bump I didn't notice until it was too late.:firing:

BrocksTopTree016_zps2d697d15.jpg

BrocksTopTree013_zpsdd9dc2c4.jpg

BrocksTopTree019_zpsa6a3a5d1.jpg

Thanks jeff. Did you PC your rear sets or spray them? Looks good. So i went ahead ordered the clamp and fork caps from ransoms. I was recently impressed by some of there products that were sourced from ftd as part of a order so i look forward to seeing this stuff. I also have a brocks system (alien head) that i would prefer the pipes to stay round.

Now i need to figure out how to jack the bike up. Maybe pull fairings off and find a spot between pipes? And how to install this EK zvx3 chain. Cheap chain press tool and a dremel?

Thanks jeff. Did you PC your rear sets or spray them? Looks good. So i went ahead ordered the clamp and fork caps from ransoms. I was recently impressed by some of there products that were sourced from ftd as part of a order so i look forward to seeing this stuff. I also have a brocks system (alien head) that i would prefer the pipes to stay round.

Just pulled the rear sets off and gave them a couple of coats of RUST-OLEUM Painter's Touch 2X Ultra Cover in flat black,matches the frame,etc. about perfectly and has been on there for over 2 years now.

Now i need to figure out how to jack the bike up. Maybe pull fairings off and find a spot between pipes? And how to install this EK zvx3 chain. Cheap chain press tool and a dremel?

As far as jacking the bike up,I just used the scissor jack from my Jeep with a thin piece of aluminum plate(placed evenly across under the header tubes just in front of the oil pan[don't have to pull fairings as jack won't hit there],even with the thin wall tubing on Brocks pipes will hold the bike up without deforming the tubes).I got a Motion Pro chain tool(about $80)which works great(everybody borrows it:laugh:)and used a Dremel to grind off the tips of the pins on the chain's side plate.Great chain you got bro(I have the EK ZVX2 they came out with a few years ago and has been great also,only had to adjust it a bit once since I put it on about 7,000 miles ago).

I used a Brocks top tree in the front and Soupy's adjustable links in the rear for the results you're inquiring about(give or take a bit,didn't measure stock heights before I lowered).Definitely wouldn't go any lower for a street ridden bike,I've already mashed one of my header tubes(Brocks Short Meg full system)about a 1/2" on a damned speed bump I didn't notice until it was too late.:firing:

BrocksTopTree016_zps2d697d15.jpg

BrocksTopTree013_zpsdd9dc2c4.jpg

BrocksTopTree019_zpsa6a3a5d1.jpg
pictures do not do justice to this bike, you have to see it in person to appreciate an all black out bike... and jeff is always wheeling that beast too

Under the right side of the tail to the subframe,think I got the bracket from Schnitz(Racing).I've since put the belly pan back on(with that ugly azz bracket:laugh:)and added a T-Rex kick stand,etc.

i had mine lowered for a while and loved it, dragged a few times but not a big deal. im 6' 1" and weigh 260. when my wife wanted to ride it dragged too bad and had to raise it back to factory. how can i get around this? stiffer spring or what?

Back