I'm wanting to get a extened swing arm

birdaprey

Registered
ok.. so I'm wondering... if I stretch the busa 4 or 5 inchs;
how much will I have to lower the rear to get it back to the "stock rear height"  
I'm not sure I want to lower the whole bike... I do ride on the street... ( speed bumps and drive ways)
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1110742691 -->

Just the arm won't affect the ride height.
Hugger prolly won't fit right any more.
The spools can be attached to the extensions, so you can use your rear stands.
You can "prolly" go to the middle holes on the lowering links without a problem.

thanks sleeper...
but;
it just looked to me like if you added extensions to the rear, the bike would be jacked up a little bit more? (maybe a inch or inch and a half? ) just my thinking

I bought the 2-7" extensions. I have mine all the way back and it would not hook up at all. I know when I went to the track (1 time) and it was that far out I just spun until mid 3rd gear. Then I moved it in to about 4.5"'s out and it was just right there was enough weight over the back tire that it would hook and it will not come up as easy. I had mine in the middle hole on the dogbone. I also have the topgun undertail and there was no problem with it. With that undertail I could not put it on the lowest setting though. for pics of the swingarm. I had the extensions tig welded in before I got it chromed.

for pics of the busa 7"'s out, middle hole in the dogbones. The other link the busa was stock height (lost the dogbones when I took it all apart, new ones are on order).

All the previous post are on target...With the hugger you can make new holes to move it into the proper position although I can't advise on what the appearance would be like...Kind of depends on what you want the bike to do as far as how long you want to extend it...I'm at 6" and all I get is wheel spin it's kind of cool but I had give up wheelies and it does spin alot at the track...I would suggest a 0 to 6" adjustable arm which would give you the benefit of adjusting out until you fine the perfect length for you...However on the side of caution it would be correct to go long and shorten the length vs going short and adding...Just makes more to sense to take links out of the chain than to add to it...
evil.gif

Back