4 Or 6

79873d1321983265-mcintosh-swing-arm-img_0118.jpg

I'm wanting the aggressive look. I do plan on lowering it about an inch in the rear. I'm not a small guy 6'6" 250. Scrubbing is a concern but i want the stretched lowered look. I just don't know everything i need to do to keep it from scrubbing and bottoming out. The reason for all the questions. Appreciate the wisdom!
I'm currently lowered just because I wanted to try it. I'm considering going back to stock and will probably have a kickstand and soupys adjustable links for sale. Let me know if interested. You'll still need to purchase the triple tree lowering block or the spacers which are cheaper. Not sure why my previous post came out a mess.

Have a brand new Macintosh 4"-8" underbraced with 1 lb. bottle bracket and hugger in the box if you are interested. And you won't have to wait 4 months. Think I am going to order a 6"-10"

I'm currently lowered just because I wanted to try it. I'm considering going back to stock and will probably have a kickstand and soupys adjustable links for sale. Let me know if interested. You'll still need to purchase the triple tree lowering block or the spacers which are cheaper. Not sure why my previous post came out a mess.
How much for the stand? I'm wanting a full arm no links.

How much for the stand? I'm wanting a full arm no links.
The links I'm talking about are lowering links, not extensions. I'll check how much this stuff is going for and send you a PM with prices. It might take me a few days as I'll be headed to the oral surgeon to get wisdom teeth pulled this morning.

The links I'm talking about are lowering links, not extensions. I'll check how much this stuff is going for and send you a PM with prices. It might take me a few days as I'll be headed to the oral surgeon to get wisdom teeth pulled this morning.
Cool and good luck.

1600.00 TYD that's 100.00 and shipping less than it cost. Brand new in the box.
A little more than I wanted to spend and more than others that I've priced. I do understand that yours has the under bracing and bottle ring. Thanks for reaching out though.

You are welcome! Sure there are less expensive out there, I try to get the best, usually cost is more and patience is necessary as it takes awhile to get.

A little more than I wanted to spend and more than others that I've priced. I do understand that yours has the under bracing and bottle ring. Thanks for reaching out though.
Cheaper isn't the way to go when you're going 150 mph, plus the wait is crazy when you order arms, better rethink.

Look at evil swingarms ... ask privatejeff he has one on his bike .. I paid less than $800 for my arm .. that is what I have on my current busa ... the picture U saw had a velocity 4-6 over arm on it.

The bike in the picture was lowered .75 in the front and about 3 in the back from what I can remember.

Btw ... I am 6'5 and weight ranges between 240 and 250

The thing to look at with any Gen 2 aftermarket swingarm is the way the particular manufacturer "anchors" the rear brake caliper. On a stock Gen 2 arm, there is a channel inside the right inner swingarm spar that the rear caliper fits into, preventing from rotating EITHER way, front or back. This is the correct and preferred method. Most aftermarket swingarm manufacturers don't do this, they have you bolt a triangular "stop" on the caliper that hits the top of the arm and prevents it from rotating forward when you apply the brake. Rolling the bike backwards with this setup can cause the caliper to rotate backward, off the arm . . . when you apply the brake the next time, it the stop slams into the top of the arm, putting marks in the powdercoat. McIntosh does it this way, C&S does it this way, Trac Dynamics does not - they do it the right way, just like stock. That is why we prefer the Trac arms on Gen 2s. This situation does not apply to Gen 1s. Of course, you can always modify an arm, add a tab and put your own brake arm on, hanging the caliper under the arm, but why should you do that? If you are going to pay well over a thousand for an arm, get one that is done right. I don't know how Evil does it, maybe someone can chime in on that, but do your homework!

Exotic cycle makes a slide in brake hanger to solve the issue. I use it on my Mac arm. Of course, then you're spending that much more.

i really liked my velocity arm on the bike above... i tried to buy a macintosh arm .. they would either not answer the phone or call me back. and we are set up as a dealer for them so i would have got it at dealer cost .. so i decided to go with an evil arm. couple local guys have them and look like a very nice are .. so i tried it. good quality and quality built peice of work.

they even sent me a christmas card... :beerchug:

Hi Frank,
I tried to post a pic last week. I gave up after about half an hour, lol. I think it's a mobile phone ap thing.

20170107_145915.jpg

Hey, it worked! The only pic I have is from a wheelie bar post pic (hence the measuring tape). I think the piece was around $160-170. One drawback to the piece is that you can't fully shorten the wheelbase. You can only get as short as about 2" over when the caliper hanger is used.

Look at evil swing arms . . .

Ask privatejeff he has one on his bike . . .

I paid less than $800 for my arm . . .

That is what I have on my current Hayabusa . . .

The picture you saw had a velocity 4-6 over arm on it.

The bike in the picture was lowered .75 in the front and about 3 in the back from what I can remember.

By the way . . .

I am 6'5 and weight ranges between 240 and 250 .

evil-20swingarm-202-20-2016-20008_zpsvpky131u-jpg.1567413.jpg

Back