Track day may 6th

desalphine

Registered
Hey anyone going for nesba track day may 6th at putnam park, Mt. Meridian, In? I dont have any track experience and was thinking about checking it out. it will be much more fun to watch some experienced .org members ride and the preps required to be on track.

aham

I'm not too familiar with that track only b/c I'm on the west coast. I usually do California Speedway, Willow Springs and Las Vegas Motor speedway.

Stkr, Justintime2, WWJD, VMAN and a few others have Nesba affiliations I Think. Not sure though but those guys do track/race often. Hit one of 'em up with a PM.

BASIC track requirements:

tape up headlights, tail lights, signals and wheel weights
check all nuts, bolts, screws and fasteners for proper tightness/torque, drain/flush radiator and add a mix of waterwetter/water (this will differ with every organization), pull headlight and tail light fuses, remove mirrors (again, differs with every organization. they may have you just tape it up but I choose to remove). Make sure brakes, levers, throttle, etc are in proper working order. That's it really. But usually NESBA has a tech requirements page so check out the EXACT specs. Good luck...

NESBA only requires the following for the Intro, B and I group.

Tape up headlights, tail light and turn signals- also it will be best to unplug your headlight(I have mine on a toggle) and unplug the connector under the rear seat to disable the tail and rear signals

Remove mirrors

Good tires, not down to the wear bars

a brake check-visual and lever check

Visible numbers on each side of your bike

Plus a basic check as mentioned above. Bolts, nuts bar ends, anything that can work loose. I have seen a caliper come off on the back straight at Road Atlanta, check those too.

They do not require safety wire or a mix of water wetter/water. It is recommended, but not required.

Riders in the Intro group ride the 1st two sessions of the day for free. They do not require some of the items above.

Check www.nesba.com for more info and to read the riders manual.

If you are even considering going, just sign up for the B group and have a blast.

YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT!!!!!!!

do it. you will have a lot of fun, even on a busa. you won't be as good as teh 600 riders, and don't try to be. ride YOUR pace and learn the feel of your bike. my quote is it's 10 times more fun and 10 times safer than the street. I guarentee that or your money back
biggrin.gif

I think vman covered it well, as well as mentioning the nesba site has all the info you need.

It's WELL WORTH the effort to get out on a track, and worth the money too. I'll be at Topeka's heartland park may 8th - on my Busa
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1146185918 -->

biggrin.gif

this is one thing i want to do this summer and i ll .. hopefully if everything goes rgt. will keep you guys posted, thanx
aham

Back