Track bike for LoBusa

Hey LO, A CBR F4I is a good track bike But if I were to buy a bike for the track that was fast my first choice would be an R6
Or ZX7RR.The GXXR's are fast too.

Lo, if it is a short track than go with the EX500. That is staple here at Loudon, NH. The SV650's are great, but they are relatively new so they can be more expensive. The EX500 has been around for 10 years almost unchanged. Can you say dirt cheap. You can usually find them race prepped for $1500. The experts told me that you should always start out real small. The EX500 and the SV650 make you work for every inch you get so you have to learn to go faster in the corners. That is what racing is all about. Faster and smoother in the corners. The smaller twins will help you gain the experience and when you step up to the 600's you will be awesome. The 600's are a waste on novice's and some intermediates. I have seen guys blow away liter bikes on EX500's because they can out corner them. I will never forget turn 3 at Homestead on my ZX-9 and a guy on Aprilia 250 passing me on the inside. I was doing about 60mph in a 180 degree turn. Same thing at Loudon. Guy passed me on an SV650 while we turned into turn 1 at 120mph. Gain the skill on the small bike, it will make you a better rider and it is more cost effective. Less money=more fun

Hey Guys, I'm getting emotional... Can I get a group hug here!!! I just want to say thank you to everyone for all their input!! Damn, you guys are great!!! It really helps with making my decision. I am going to try and ride some of the bikes you all have mentioned before I make my final decision. I have a friend with hook ups who can let me ride just about anything before I buy!!!

As soon as I get it, you all will know and see fabulous pix!!!!! Hopefully within the next couple months I will be ready for the track!!!!

Muchas Gracias........
LoBusa
beerchug.gif

I'd echo what some of the others said above...Gix 600 or 750. The 1000s are neat but for a track bike I wouldn't want to have to deal with that much power.

My wife has an '02 Gix600 and I love it. You can really rag on it and not worry about too much power. It's alot of fun.

Not that it counts for much, but my choice is the Honda F4i or GSXR-750. Both are light and work well on the track. They are solid performers. Bigger bikes like the GSXR-1000 and Honda 954 are great too, but take more work on the track. What ever you choose trackday are the way to go.

I like the idea of getting a 500, small investment, low maitenance, and if you trash it, you grap some rubber bands and duck tape repair it and roll out again. The 500 is like the 70's volkswagon it'll last forever, seems like it would be a great bike to gain confidence on the track with. may be my choice because afterwards i could easily sell it and get a better performing track bike

Back