TPS setting

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
Can anybody tell me how to adjust the TPS to the PC3R. I see where it is when the bike is hooked up to the lap top but dont know how to set it. Ive been to the PC site and found nothing about it.
I have a starting problem and J.C. say I need to do this.

link
the link is for how it is done for the usb.
the serial is almost the same it just looks different.
you need the 9volt adapter and the key on and look at the screen withthe throttle closed it should read 0%and at wot it should read 100% and then when you start the bike it should still read 0% at idle and go up as you rev.

When I go to the set throttle on the PC3R it opens a box and in this box there are small numbers like 58 if I click on closed throttle I can put numbers in that box but changing the throttle on the bike makes no change in the numbers in that box. So if I then enter 0 in the closed box and click ok then at the top of the screen when the throttle is closed it says 100% and then when you put it to wide open it reads 384% I dont think this is right but thats the way it works.

When I go to the set throttle on the PC3R it opens a box and in this box there are small numbers like 58 if I click on closed throttle I can put numbers in that box but changing the throttle on the bike makes no change in the numbers in that box. So if I then enter 0 in the closed box and click ok then at the top of the screen when the throttle is closed it says 100% and then when you put it to wide open it reads 384% I dont think this is right but thats the way it works.
okay you are close.
leavethe throttle close and click "closed" then hold it WOT. and click "open" then click "Okay" and it should be fine

Thats it Johnny. I got it. Nothing to it once you know how its done. Thanks. Now back to the starting problem. I still have it. I talked to Dustin at Power Commander tech today about it and he told me to unhook the timing connectors from the PC and try it. He said I may have a weak timing pick up coil. That when it runs through the PC the signal doesnt make it to the ECU. I think there may be something to that because I noticed tonight that when the engine is cranking the tach shows no RPM and when it does then the engine starts. He said if that doesnt fix it then the problem is in the PC.
Thanks for your help on this. I cant work on it again until Sunday night. I will let you know what I find.

I got this starting problem figured out kinda. I plugged the conectors from the crank sensor back to their stock location and problem solved but before I did I checked crank sensor output it had 1.9-2.02 v when cranking. Then I plugged in the sensor to the PC and checked output on the wires that come out of the PC 0 volts. Seems to me that it should at least have something coming out to the ECU? So I think I have a PC problem. They tell me I can run it this way and that this bike doesnt need the timing changes that you get from the PC3R. I think it should work right. So I need to send it back to them.
Johnny what do you think?

Back