Setting the tps sensor

Puzzled

Registered
I'm getting my butt kicked trying to set the TPS sensor. Here is what I've done-tried. I installed the TPS sensor, jumped the connector in the rear of the bike to get the LCD display to show the TPS setting mode, started the bike and set the idle to 1150 RPM, attempted to move the TPS sensor to get the lines on the LCD to move to the center. No luck.

If I remove the sensor and move the internals I can move the lines but not to center. I can change the idle but not the line!

Any suggestions? What am I missing? Should I be doing this with the bike running? Bike Off? I'm stumped.

Don't know for sure, but I would say engine off key on
wink.gif

+1 engine off…&… key on. You barely have to move it; it can be a pain in the arss sometimes. Set it to where its just hitting the top position the tighten it down it should go to the center position after tightening it, I had to do mine a couple of times and found out that’s what worked for me.

Thanks guys for the replies. I'll give it a shot later today. I read the manual last night and all of the trouble shooting tips. I do feel better testing/setting the TPS with a meter as oposed to the LCD display. That is how it is done with a early Mustang.

Back