Tps wont stay put.

Quiksilver

Registered
So my tps seems to not want to stay put. I checked the tps per manual and the resistance was off. I made sure to set the tps before testing. Is there something that can throw off the tps reading in the throttle body?

I set and tested per manual...
I'm asking if there is something in the throttle bodies that can be throwing the reading off.

I set and tested per manual...
I'm asking if there is something in the throttle bodies that can be throwing the reading off.
The throttle plate shaft is the only thing connected to and causing the TPS to move/rotate to give its reading output.
If there is wear and some play in the bush the shaft turns in, yes, it will have an effect on the accuracy of the TPS signal output.
To test this theory, remove the TPS unit from the throttle bodies and attempt to move the drive end of the shaft in the bush up and down.
If you can detect any play in the shaft/bushing, repair it or replace with another throttle body set, then recheck the TPS signal output on your meter.
This is the only thing I can think of that would cause an issue as you’ve described.
Oh, apart from a faulty TPS sensor itself.
Hope this helps.

The throttle plate shaft is the only thing connected to and causing the TPS to move/rotate to give its reading output.
If there is wear and some play in the bush the shaft turns in, yes, it will have an effect on the accuracy of the TPS signal output.
To test this theory, remove the TPS unit from the throttle bodies and attempt to move the drive end of the shaft in the bush up and down.
If you can detect any play in the shaft/bushing, repair it or replace with another throttle body set, then recheck the TPS signal output on your meter.
This is the only thing I can think of that would cause an issue as you’ve described.
Oh, apart from a faulty TPS sensor itself.
Hope this helps.
I do believe the tps I have is starting to go out. I was curious if there was something else that could be causing the issue before I shelled out the cash for a new one.

Back