Tps wont stay put

Quiksilver

Registered
2002 gen 1 turbo pc3 is. So I'm having this peculiar problem I haven't came across before, my to wont stay put. I have set multiple time before with no issues now I'm having issues. I have two used tps sensors that ohm out good. In dealer mode the tps bar is at bottom, I crank up for a to middle and rpa are around 1200 then I accelerate it goes to top. I notice at lights it can be on the bottom bar or top and when rolling off the throttle the tps position will be at the top. Pc3 unplugged and I can tell no difference. Could the pc alter the signal sent to the dash? I've seen like 5% at idle on pc3 and the bar on dash is at the bottom. Could throttle linkage or the throttle bodies be out of wack? Ecu possibly

Setting the tps properly on the bike itself and then in the powercommander are two separate things. You have to do both.

Run a digital ground directly from the tps to the battery - same wire that is the pc ground. That should do it, lmk. . .

Excuse me for lack of knowledge but could you explain what a digital ground is. Direct ground? Do I leave wires attached to tps and run an additional wire to the battery or disconnect the ground on sensor and run to battery?

No, leave everything connected. You will "tee" into the ground on the tps and run it to the ground wire on the pc . . . please let me know if that works for you.

Well I was fooling around with the. One and decided to wiggle some wires. A friend noticed the tps moving when I did this. I think I may have over tightened the fuel injector harness too tight. I took the tape and zip ties off and the ad seems to stay put.
Frank, should I run another ground still? Or was that for troubleshooting purposes?

Sometimes with the addition of a PC (usually an older one), we would get a floating tp. Running the ground would always solve the problem. If you are good now, I would not go further unless the problem comes up again . . .

Back