fi light wont stay running

brooks290

Registered
my fi light came on today and my 08 wont stay running. i have to turn it of just to start it to go 10 feet to put it in the shed. any help at all would be thankfull. only thing i have done are voo-doo pipes. it has 5400 miles and petes cycle in md just plain out suck dont want to take it back even though i bought service plan and when i got it back there was oil on the drain plug and the fairing looks like my 12 and 18 year old daughters did it plus oil filter had oily finger prints on it to. and i also bought the extended warenty.but when i was talking to the guy on the phone he said it migght not be covered.they havent seemed to like me to much when they asked me if i was financing it through them and i said no and wrote a check for are you setting down so you dont pass out laughing about how bad i got raped on the price of $15743.95. sorrry for the rant but can someone help me with the bike not running with the fi light on thank you ahead of time.ps i do my own oil changes now

Check the wires at the ECU under the front seat. Mine had a loose with on the far left of the gray plug that was not secured from the factory. It wiggled out of place and made the bike run on 3 cylinders.

:beerchug:

Did you put on the pipes, or this was it this dealer? ???

Did you start having problems the moment the Voo-doo's were installed? How did it run before/after the install?

Need more info.

Last edited:
Does it look like it is running rich and I mean rich? If so check the map sensor under the tank look for the vacuum tube and make sure it is connected and is good not kinked or torn.

Definitely need more info. It's probably something simple, so don't get too upset.

Find another dealer. What good is an extended warranty if you don't have a shop to do the work? You paid for it, get your moneys worth.:beerchug: They think you're a sucker. Don't prove them right.:whistle: JMO

I'd tell that dealer to go suck on a red hot tail pipe and go find another... sounds like you need to elevate this to Suzuki's level and tell them the dealership sucks!

if you havent already done it. try to disconnect the pos. battery terminal for 1 min and hook it back up. sounds silly but it might work.

also does the fuel pump pressure up when you turn on the key?

does the fi light come on when the bike runs for 10 sec or after it dies? need more info
when it starts does it run ok?
will it start right back up or do you have to wait a while?
does your new exhaust utilize the stock o2 sensor. if not the fi light will stay on until you put the jumper in.
you could also try some heat in the gas tank in case you got some moisture in there. just a cheap fix.

good luck

I've heard nothing but bad about Pete's Cycle. It's starting to look like a pattern. ???

I'm in MD too and I just bought mine last Saturday from a shop in VA. No service from them yet, but they sure seem to be straight shooters compared to dealing with Pete's and quite a few of the other dealers in the DC Metro area.

If you bought a warranty from the dealer, you'll probably have to go to them for service - check your contract. If not, go elsewhere. Is you do have to stick with them, make them honor up or pay up. Period. :rulez:

Best of luck!

thanks guys for all your help called today if they are ass holes well lets just say i have a lot more money for lawyers then they do ill hit em where it hursts their wallet:poke: so ill let you guys know what happens

Yeah, when I emailed them (Pete's Cycle) last Spring to inquire about buying a Hayabusa I accidentally emailed them twice (duplicate email, no biggie). I got a very rude reply as follows:

"You've sent us two emails in the last 10 minutes. Please stop emailing us and give us a chance and we'll get back to you."

To date, they have never contacted me since that reply. I put them down in my research as "azzholez". Soon after I started finding online info indicating that there are obviously a number of unhappy Pete's Cycle customers out there.

Take 'em to task!!! :rulez:

Best of luck!

that sux. my local shop sux too. mostly cuz of prices. so i went to bartlesville. very pleased with them. it was my 2nd bike from them. good luck

thanks for myself downloading the manual and using the little peea brain that petes cycle think i have i came up with a c23 code tip over code. lets see i can buy the part for 10 dollars or have it towed 35 miles you do the math .:poke:petes cycle

Back