setting the "TPS"

Bulldog 333

I type like dog pooh
Donating Member
Registered
I just go a pc3r from Johnnycheese and, he wants me to set my "TPS" before I get going.
I went into my Suzuki service manual and, it refers to a "dealer mode coupler" tool # 09930-11960:torx wrench!!

Well, needless to say, I don't own nor, have access to any such tool.
I looked and, my display (LCD) doesn't seem to be showing anything out of the ordinary and, I was curious if there's some way you folks have figured to reset and or check the "TPS" without having to use one of those dealer coupler tools.
It mentions in the service manual a "user mode" and a "dealer mode" and, I guess I need to know how to figure out get to this "user mode" area and, then, how to read my LCD display before I start loosening screws and moving things around.

This (i'm willing to bet) is probably easy for most here but, I'm being very careful cause, I'm not that fimliar with FI & computers ect..
Any input out of experiance would be very helpful, Thanks in advance

Its located on the clutch side of the rear fairing and covered with a rubber cap.  Pull the cap off and jump the two sides using a piece of wire any gauge that will fit .

Connect both side as in the photo, then turn the ignition on , then loosen the TORX screw to turn TPS sensor left or right the to get the bar to the middle if it is not there already.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093322280 -->

DSC01716.JPG

This is what your setting on the cluster should be set at.

DSC01717.JPG

For the torx wrench, just go to an auto parts store and by one of these little tool kits for a couple of $$$'s.

Its has various sizes of phillips srcew drivers,nut drivers,screw drives,and torx head driver which you need etc.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093322501 -->

DSC01718.JPG

Thank you soooo much!!!
I can definately figure that out and, I think I already have a set of those torx heads here somwhere.
Question, do I need to remove the lower fairing or, can I get to it by just proping up the tank??
Also, I gather that as soon as I disconnect the TPS wire and jump it, it's going to show up on my display, correct???

Thanks a bunch!!

Thank you soooo much!!!
I can definately figure that out and, I think I already have a set of those torx heads here somwhere.
Question, do I need to remove the lower fairing or, can I get to it by just proping up the tank??
Also, I gather that as soon as I disconnect the TPS wire and jump it, it's going to show up on my display, correct???

Thanks a bunch!!

You dont disconnect anything  when doing this adjustment Champ !
Just pop the cap off the plug and jump both sides with a wire , turn on the ignition and it will display one of the three bar position. If it is set correct it will be in the middle.

To adjust the torx screw, just lift the tank and remove the top inner fairing that wraps around the gauge cluster ...

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1093340573 -->

If the TPS sensor is correctly set, don't mess with the TPS. Just loosening the torx connector will likely screw things up. It's a very fiddly adjustment if you have to adjust it.

Good luck!

Yeah Rhythm, thanks for the heads-up and some props to Juggler, too. I couldnt find that damn torx screw. hehehe. now I might. aight

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yeah Rhythm, thanks for the heads-up and some props to Juggler, too. I couldnt find that damn torx screw. hehehe. now I might. aight[/QUOTE]

No problem Ace .
beerchug.gif

No problem. Sweet helmet. I'd like to see some more pics of that.

Haven't had any time yet to get into it but, I'm still very greatful for the "heads up" and, the help.

Come to find out, the TPS adjustment that I need to make is in conjunction to my pc3r set up. I need to get plugged in on a puter and set the throttle closed / open position to dial in the pc3r to my throttle.
I've got my map loaded, (thks Johnnycheese) and, everything's good to go as soon as I finish this adjustment.

Thanks again you guys!!

Back