Toured Alcatraz Today.

Nice pics! I've been by it a bunch of times in a boat but have never taken the tour. While I'd prefer a single cell if incarcerated, that place was just a notch below Devil's Island and shouldn't have lasted three decades.

Great pictures . I have seen it from the bridge only . How long was the tour ?

It is as long as you want it to be. They drop you off and you can leave on one of two boats every hour. The audio tour lasted about an hour and a half. It is narrated by former guards and inmates.

That's an incredible area to tour, the island, pier and downtown....

Yes it is, we have walked all over this place. Today was a mess, Bart was out of service and traffic was horrendous. But we found parking and had a great day.

Nice pics! I've been by it a bunch of times in a boat but have never taken the tour. While I'd prefer a single cell if incarcerated, that place was just a notch below Devil's Island and shouldn't have lasted three decades.

With 4 wardens in that time.

Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Been to pier 34 but didn't get to the island.

How much did the tour cost? I assume that is how they make all the money to fix it up.

What I found interesting as well, the
Very cool. Thanks for posting.

Been to pier 34 but didn't get to the island.

How much did the tour cost? I assume that is how they make all the money to fix it up.

It was somewhere just shy of 40 per person. Well worth it, and that included the boat ride.

Holy cow! Thats all i can say! I have always wanted to see that place. In a round about way you made it happen for me! Those are some awesome pictures! Did they not let folks into solitary? Curious what that looked like.

Holy cow! Thats all i can say! I have always wanted to see that place. In a round about way you made it happen for me! Those are some awesome pictures! Did they not let folks into solitary? Curious what that looked like.

Yes, you can enter the solitary cells on the ground level.

great pics...would definitely love to see that the next time i'm out there harassing you :thumbsup:

Awesome photos!! That's one place I'd love to see one day...I'm sure it's both costly and difficult to continue to maintain such a relic, but I hope they continue to keep it in good enough condition to tour. It's part of history...

P.S. I didn't see Clint Eastwood :p

Back