Torque the movie

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, at the risk of being ridiculed beyond belief. I bought the movie Torque.

I never went and saw it at the movies because of all the bad reviews people on this board gave it. Not one person said it was worth a crap, everyone slammed it.

So I sit down with my boys last night and told them, I had to buy the movie because it was about bikes.. and well I just had to do it.

I then said, now don’t laugh and make fun of the movie and say how stupid it is, it got very bad reviews, no one liked it so it is probably going to be stupid.

So I plug it in, we all watch and I will be darned if I didn’t like it. It was a fricken movie. Just like Aliens, or the Abyss, or the core or Independence Day. It was a movie.. And as such I enjoyed it.

Of course there were scenes that were far fetched. That is why the pay people millions of dollars for creating "special Affects"

Anyway, I always love playing the devils advocate (well in a manner of speaking) and I always like going against the grain and standing alone when it is appropriate. So I just figure I would post saying I liked the movie and I wish I would have went and saw it on the big screen instead of waiting for it to come out on video.

Ok, let the slamming and humiliation begin
smile.gif

And besides all that, the video that someone posted recently

( http://eris.gnarf.org/~sege/christianpfeiffer-bechyne2003-short.wmv )

Is more wild than some of the stunts on Torque lol

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085284715 -->

You suck! What a moron! kidding.
I liked it too. It was thin on plot, and had stupid parts but it was a movie about our bikes so I liked it. But, come on, thrasher, beyond the fact your kids were in the room, didn't the finalie seem a little cartoony? I wanted more better REAL action shots of that Y2K turbine bike. yeah, I bought the DVD and am okay with admiting I enjoyed it for entertainment. You are not alone. Welcome to TORQUE lovers annonymous. We love you!

You know if you're like me Thrasher, you can watch almost any movie and kinda separate yourself from distractions and really get into the movie. I've become pretty good at picking bad parts out of a movie and making the best of what is available. Kinda like the women I've dated
smile.gif
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
laugh.gif

Torque lovers anonymous, LOL that is funny.. I like it.
smile.gif

Well yeah the ending was corny. And far fetched. And the whole motorcycle thing on the train was just way out there. But it was still fun to watch.

And yeah, sometimes you just have to let a movie be a movie.

When I was in the Marine Corps, my primary job function was fighter aircraft ejection seats. That was what I did, I knew ejection seats in and out, removed them from aircraft, did testing on the seats barostats, TRM, I changed the det cord throughout the aircraft for canopy jettison, canopy rocket motors etc. etc.

I knew my shat. About egress systems.

Anyway, with all that said, when Top Gun came out I went and saw it, and that part in the tom cat where the guy ejects and smashes into the canopy and breaks his neck and dies.. there was just so many things wrong with that. Pretty much not possible.

And then other parts of the movie… just…. Wasn’t true to life….

And like the tv show NAVY NCIS WTF. Don’t the writers know what NCIS stands for?

NCIS, Naval Criminal Investigative Service

So how much sense does this make

Navy Naval Criminal Investigative Service

Sounds pretty stupid.

And further more, I have worked with and been friends with NCIS agents.

I have at least 20 fricken hours in helping NCIS investigate a computer incident, guess what? NCIS agents are NOTHING like the idiots on the show, REAL NCIS agents are a bunch of cool, laid back people. AND NCIS agents can only investigate, they are not allowed to do anything that would impact an entities mission, and if they WERE to do something and it was deemed necessary, it would have to come from a higher authorization than the field agent.

And if some NCIS agent tried to get into the face of someone who was in a leadership possition, they would get their buts reemed. (The NCIS agent would)

Point is, movies are movies, tv shows are tv shows they are for entertainments purposes, they are for us to escape the reality's of the world, they are not all meant to be "DOCUMENTARIES"

Deep breath. Rant over lol…

Torque lovers anonymous!! Love it, join it.. I am a member lol

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085286261 -->

Just watched it this morning...............it was mindless fun................but I did like the beginning sequences.............from the opening through the twisties.....that was fun. It was also fun how they really made the car action sequence in the beginning so exciting.......120mph......140mph......150mph..........then boom........here comes the crotch rocket!!!
laugh.gif

I just wish suzuki could have supplied the cycles instead of the manufacterer that did................what kinds of bikes were those anyway?

All in all...........fun..............just ignore the plot and goofy special effects!!!!
cool.gif

I thought the dirt bikes with sport fairings was a pretty cheasy thing, but was still worth a laugh just to sit back and enjoy a MOVIE. If nothing else there was plenty to laugh at.

Oh, did anyone aside from me notice that the lead guy was throwing away far too much beer? I don't think he ever finished one, just kept throwing the bottles somewhere to be cool or something

Oh, did anyone aside from me notice that the lead guy was throwing away far too much beer? I don't think he ever finished one, just kept throwing the bottles somewhere to be cool or something
I thought everybody did that. I just started drinking so I could throw my bottles and look cool. Is that wrong?

I started listening to the producers talk about making the movie on the DVD. That is kinda interesting too

I just watched it for the first time Sunday. I dig any movie with bikes/any bike scenes in movies. I think I would have been pissed if I went to the theater, but I don't regret renting it. I must admit, I'll own Biker Boyz, before Torque. The characters were too cliche. Plus I don't remember seeing any Busa's in it. How can it be a bike movie without the king of bikes? From all the reviews, I went in thinking its going to suck, but after watching it, I'll say it was alright.
umnik.gif

So I plug it in, we all watch and I will be darned if I didn’t like it. It was a fricken movie. Just like Aliens, or the Abyss, or the core or Independence Day. It was a movie.. And as such I enjoyed it.
Well, enuff said...I reckon based on your feedback I'll give this movie a chance
smile.gif

I was guilty of "throwing the baby out with the bath water" so i'll enjoy the good and not be too worried about the not-so-good bits of the movie!!

i saw the movie a while back and i think the good guys were
riding aprilia motorcycles and the black guys were riding triumphs,the bad guys were riding harleys
thus the title TORQUE
(V TWINS AND TRIPLES)

Back