TORQUE movie out on DVD!!!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know none of you care, because the movie is a 2 on a scale of 10 [1 for featuring bikes, another 1 for a few bikes in action and some live stunts] but I ran right out and bought my copy because I'm doing my part to help the economic condition of the United States. I REALLY enjoyed the first 10 minutes... it's well done and interesting, and we all know the rest of the flick is more cartoon / comic book action and fighting but ya know what?? Big freakin deal. It shows a lot of bikes, has lots of bike action... it's just some silly fun, like B-movie type fun. It's not real. IT'S A MOVIE. Unrealistic, pointless, escapest, time wasting entertainment.... pretty much like most other movies. So now I bought the DVD to add to my biker movie collection to pull out on rainy/snowy days when I want to see bikes in action. My stunt DVDs have even LESS plot but are fun to watch too. $16 and now I can watch it whenever I like and freeze frame all the shots of that slick Y2K turbine bike they feature at the end. So, am I alone here? Did ANYBODY else have such low expectations of TORQUE that they felt it was OK enough to buy the DVD?? Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

Oh oh and there's a busa in the background of the gang scene near the front of the movie. So.... it has THAT going for it ;)

Special note: on a second viewing, the movie sort of grew on me a bit too

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084939121 -->

11.jpg

Movies not too bad if ya take out the desert chase scene, the 180 degree stoppie on a palm tree, the wheelie joust b/t the 2 chics and the nitrous harley chase through downtown at 180mph. Other than that wasn't toooooo bad. I may buy the DVD just for the collection.

I bought a bootleg for $5 when it was still in the theatre and I gave it away the day after I watched it because it was so bad.

I think I will get it just for viewing entertainment over here! Besides I can get it for about $3!

Better then bier boy's and that is not saying much. Yes I rented the DVD first 10 miutes looked promising, then I laughed my azz of for the rest of the movie. Reading a Map on a bik with no wind moving the map, bike kick fights etc. etc.

I think I will get it just for viewing entertainment over here!  Besides I can get it for about $3!
I got you beat - I downloaded it about 3 days after it came out - the bad thing about my copy is the people standing up and blocking the screen view at the very end  
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Let 'er eat!
Reason for Edit: "I can't spell"|1084989820 -->

Hey , I'll confess that I bought Biker Boyz and I just bought Torque, and waiting on Faster to come out. They may not have a lot of realism, but what action movies do ? Strictly for entertainment. Oh yeah and Smoke's bike is back on ebay again for anyone that wants to buy it and do a 1/4 mile race on a dirt road ... that's gotta be fun just like they used to do it in Daytona in the old old days!

I'm getting FASTER also when it comes out! Can't wait. Can't get enough bike video action - even BAD action. I also noticed in Torque [durring first 10 min] how they 'talk' to each other thru their helmets at high rates of speed.... Then again, on Star Trek people are transported thru beams of light so what do I know.
smile.gif

yeah, BT, there's some female eye candy in it

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085013059 -->

gurlz.jpg

Torque wasn't so bad,
its just that it could have done soooooooo much better.

P.S. someone tell Hollywood that people who ride bikes aren't in gangs.
we all have jobs----40hrs a week
The gang is soooo played out. It's disgusting.

i got it last night ... somewhat over the top stunts but then again it is a movie but fun to watch
cool.gif

i guess i am the only one on the planet who actually liked biker boyz....i thought it was way better than torque...

wow feature i guess u are the only one
poke.gif
lol j/k i bet there are some more people that "actually" like biker boyz. i like torque better then boyz but thats not saying alot , i still want to know why movie producers insist upon having street bikes ride in dirt
rock.gif
got me on that one they need to make a good bike movie grant it may have to have an unrealistic plot or story but have a little more real .........

i mean neither were realistic movies, but at least in biker boyz, if you don't know anything about bikes, the action sequences are somewhat believable.....somewhat.....ok, maybe not believable, but at least acceptable....

and the dialog is better...

torque was just one corny line after the other, and it REAKED of fast and furious....the action was more intense, but you don't have to be a physics expert to have a problem with bikes landing on top of trains travelling in the opposite direction...I liked the Y2K chase scene tho...but most of the movie was just too hard to stomach...i mean, Ice Cube?!

and how does a bike doing a wheelie between two cars somehow force them apart...unless all 3 vehicles were polarized somehow, i don't think the audacity of a one-wheeled aprilia rider alone is going to be enough to blow two cages off the road...sorry...but whatever hope i'd had for the movie died with that scene...

<!--EDIT|Feature
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085070743 -->

hey, no, I liked biker boyz too. I felt it was much better than torque but did mess up a bunch [race at end]

Back